- R/GAManaging Director, Social, 2015 - presentManaging Director of the agency's Social capability, working with an illustrious list of Fortune 100 clients that includes Nike, Beats by Dre, Telstra, Google, Fossil, Samsung, Converse, ANZ, L'Oréal Paris and Royal Caribbean to develop products, services and communications optimized for emerging platforms.
- Blogs with BallsCo-Founder, 2009 - presentCo-founder and organizer of the Blogs with Balls event series, which have quickly become the leading sports new media event and a must-attend for anyone working in sports media or marketing to the male 18-49 demographic.
- Miami Ad SchoolVisiting Professor, 2013 - 2015Visiting Professor at the Miami Ad School, teaching the Industry Heroes and Social Media Bootcamp courses.
- R/GAMobile & Social Platforms, Global Lead, 2014 - 2015Lead mobile & social engagements across R/GA's global network.
- R/GAGroup Director, Mobile & Social Platforms, 2012 - 2014Led the launch of R/GA's Austin outpost, focused on the continued growth of our mobile & social capabilities. Continue to provide leadership for R/GA's Social Platforms offering, providing client leadership and facilitating platform and partner relations.
- IE Business SchoolVisiting Professor, 2012 - 2013Teach a graduate course in Digital Communication, Brand Awareness & Social Media at the top-ranked Instituto de Empresa Business School in Madrid (and online), helping students from around the world understand the rapidly-changing digital and social media landscape.
- R/GAExecutive Producer, Mobile & Social Platforms, 2011 - 2012Provided production leadership for R/GA's Social Platforms offering, for clients including Nike, Microsoft, Verizon, MasterCard, Google, McCormick, L'Oreal Paris, Grey Goose and Walmart; help to facilitate platform and partner relations with Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, Tumblr, Google/YouTube, Radian6, Sysomos, Buddy Media, Involver and countless others.
- Fox SportsColumnist, 2008 - 2012Covered the University of Southern California athletics for Fox's SCPLAYBOOK Magazine.
- R/GASenior Producer, 2007 - 2010
- SEO IntelligenceChief Experience Officer, 2006 - 2007
- AOLContributing Blogger, 2006 - 2008College Football Editor for Aol's FanHouse site.
- PinacolDirector of User Experience, 2004 - 2006
I am a Managing Director at R/GA, leading the company's Social capability, where I help clients to develop and implement innovative products, services and communications to grow their businesses.
I am also an entrepreneur who has developed several of digital-focused businesses; most recently, I co-founded Blogs with Balls, the future of sports media conference series. I was also a partner at SEOintelligence, an enterprise-level search marketing and analytics toolset which was acquired in April 2010.
I am a graduate of the University of Southern California's Marshall School of Business and the Publisher of TrojanWire. I have also been a contributor to Fox Sports's SCPLAYBOOK Magazine and USA Today's SportsWeekly. From 2006 to 2008, I was also one of the first contributors at AOL’s FanHouse, where I covered college football, basketball, and the 2008 Olympics in Beijing.
Back in 2005, I co-founded Blogebrity – the site dedicated to covering the exploits of blogging’s A-list – with Jeremy Hermanns. Blogebrity went on to win the Contagious Media Showdown's Technorati Prize, and was covered in Time Magazine, Newsweek, CNN Headline News and across the blogosphere.
I was born and raised in Orange County, California and I currently live with my wife and daughter in Austin, Texas.
- University of Southern CaliforniaBusiness Administration, 1996 - 2000
- Ball So Hard University2001 - 2002