The pressure of the holidays seems to start earlier and earlier every year. Every October the stores start to display their holiday merchandise even before Halloween has come and gone. Do you feel the pressure yet?
Expectations start early and can make the season seem even longer. We are bombarded with external messages telling us how things “should be” for our holidays.
Read the article below to learn 8 ways to manage the pressure this holiday season.
#holidayseason #happyholidays #mentalhealth #kurtstips
#thankful #gratitude #tuesday #kurtstips
One of the most common complaints I hear from unhappy female partners is some version of "I love him, but he doesn't love me." While it's not just women who say this, it does seem that more women feel this way than men.
Don't get me wrong, there certainly are plenty of unhappy men. Just read through the comments left on the articles on the Guy Stuff Counseling blog to find out. But in my experience more women are going to say, "I love him, but he doesn't love me," than men. A lot of guys are just more willing to distract themselves and put up with feeling this way.
Check out the article below and read Kristen's story and what I told her husband. Leave a comment here or on the article and let me know what you think.
#loveadvice #fallingoutoflove #kurtstips
#love #relationshipadvice #thursday #kurtstips
Life is hard. Period. Fortunately, this statement isn’t always true. But there are certainly times we go through where nothing seems to be working out as planned and we’re really struggling. So I’d like to offer some advice on how to get through these challenging times – try a little silliness.
I don’t know about you, but I can’t carry a tune to save my life. If I attempt to sing, my dog generally leaves the room and my wife turns up the TV. And I don’t blame them one bit. However, I do have to say that when I listen to my awful singing it's generally good for a few laughs (my own included) and helps relieve stress. It doesn’t solve my problems or miraculously make life better. But it does help me keep things in perspective and relax for a bit.
So what’s something you’re really not skilled at? It could be singing or maybe it’s dancing or playing an instrument. Try doing it with reckless abandon the next time you need to blow off some steam. It may distract you just long enough to enjoy a few moments of silliness.
#perspectivechangeseverything #lifeishard #kurtstips
#happythanksgiving #happythursday #kurtstips
#angermanagement #bepositive #saturday #kurtstips
#relationshipadvice #movingon #tuesday #kurtstips
#communication #agreetodisagree #kurtstips #saturday
#stressrelief #stressmanagement #thursday #kurtstips
- Guy Stuff Counseling - Relationship Advice + Marriage Tips + Anger Management Help + Communication Skills + Divorce AdviceDirector, Lead Counselor, Speaker, Blogger, 2007 - present
- The Effort/Family Service AgencyCounselor, 2005 - 2007
- Financial DisciplinesFinancial Counselor, 2004 - 2005
- Cross Creek CounselingCounselor, 2003 - 2005
2530 Douglas Blvd., Ste. 160 Roseville, CA 95661
I want to have conversations on Google+ that make me think, learn, and laugh. If you do too, then please engage with me.
Men, Women, Relationships, Love and Health . . . aren't these topics we all have in common . . . ones we all need to understand better . . . things we all could learn more about from each other??? So join the conversation and think, learn, and laugh along with us.
My Promise To You: Five days a week on Google+ I'll start a conversation about one of the above topics and I guarantee you'll have an opinion about it! You may like it, hate it, think I'm crazy or an idiot, possibly even brilliant, but I guarantee you'll have something to say about it.
Want to Connect on Google+? This page is one of the best places to do it. As one of the Top 50 Profiles on Google+ for engagement, my posts get +1, commented on, and shared . . . a lot (source: +CircleCount). Join in and get connected. If you want to get your stream rockin' and rollin', try sharing some of these posts and ask your followers to comment.
What Do Others' Think?
- "Thanks for another great post" - +Cliff Rozzell
- "Always pertinent!" - +Sheree Morgan
- "Thank you Kurt for inspiring us :)" - +La Belle
- "I don't know how you do this but lately is like you are posting this messages for me..." - +Ellie TheMoon
- "This page reminds me of a support group (it's a good thing) 8~) This is really an enlightening conversation, seeing the different perspectives (wow, one can sure read different things in a statement). Also, the open sharing of thoughts here is amazing!" - +Dolly Piper
- "Can i send this to my ex please????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!" - +Jayde Proffitt
- "Every time I wander over to the "What's Hot/Explore" tab, I will see a post by +Kurt Smith. Each one of them original content, and invariably asking the reader a question about a sensitive topic." - +Lori Friedrich
I get asked this a lot - "so what makes you such an expert?"
Every week I provide counseling to men and the women who love them. I'm a relationship expert because my counseling work gives me inside knowledge into the secrets of relationship success, failure, and what makes people do what they do.
As the Clinical Director and Lead Counselor at Guy Stuff Counseling & Coaching, we use a 'guy-friendly' approach in offering:
- Counseling for Men
- Counseling for Women
- Marriage Counseling
- Couples Counseling
- Anger Management Classes
- Divorce Counseling
We get fast, effective, solutions to problems like:
- Communication Problems
- Anger Management Issues
- Cheating Spouse
- Abusive Relationships
- Porn Addiction
- Alcohol Abuse
- Midlife Crisis
Want To Talk?
I'm available to talk with you one-on-one using Google Chat or Hangouts. Here's a description of the meeting options/fees and the online calendar to reserve a time. I have specific meeting slots set aside for Google Chat on Mondays. Be sure to note that my calendar is Pacific Standard Time (PST), so please adjust the time accordingly when picking a slot. Please complete the request form on the online calendar page to reserve a time.
- Iowa State UniversityFinancial Counseling, 2005
- University of San FranciscoCounseling Psychology, 2004
- California State University, SacramentoPsychology, 2000