I'm subscribed to a discussion on adding ASM.js to Chrome. After seeing a new message there, I thought I'd give unrealengine.com/html5
a go and see how well it performs in Chrome and Firefox. On Linux, the framerates weren't great (around 15 - 30 fps) thanks to the fact that graphics drivers still absolutely suck on Linux. Plus, after the first run on Chrome, it refused to play as smoothly, so testing would have suffered.
So I switched to windows. The images included in this post reflect the scores I got in windowed and fullscreen modes on both browsers (most recent stable channel), and a second set for Firefox when I uncapped the FPS. Unfortunately, Chrome doesn't seem to have a way to uncap FPS, so I can't get it's true score. Based on just what I saw, I think Chrome might barely edge out Firefox if it weren't frame-limited, based on Chrome having less stutter when both were capped. Still, can't know for sure. I actually have a feeling rendering may be the bottleneck, as CPU usage wasn't a huge factor while running these.
I really wish Chrome allowed changing the fps cap, just so I could see exactly how these two browsers measure up in this benchmark. I am excited to see that ASM.js code will run in Chrome just fine from here on out, and without having to specifically define it as ASM code even.