- Birmingham Southern Collegepresent
- University of TennesseeOrientation to Deafness, present
- Auburn UniversityVocational Counseling, presentM.S and B.S. degrees earned
Kristen Jacoway is a successful business leader, CEO of Career Design Coach, and the author of the best-selling published book, ‘I’m in a Job Search – Now What???’ now in its’ 2nd edition. Her book is being used as a required textbook in some large university programs. She is working on 2 other books: The Formidable Road and Reputation Matters: How to Succeed in a Digital Age. She is the contributing author in the prestigious best sellers of books titled: Personal Branding for Dummies, Cover Letters for Dummies, Job Search Letters for Dummies, and more. She is often tapped by the media for quotes, including the Atlantic City Weekly, Monster.com, TheLadders.com, Aol, Yahoo Careers, Identity Protection.com (part of Equifax), and more.
More about Kristen…
Originally from Huntsville, AL and the daughter of an internationally known rocket scientist, Kristen has always had an interest in technology and learning. When she realized in 2008 that she could combine her passion for helping people in their job search use social media to market themselves, the idea to launch Career Design Coach was born. Kristen has worked many years in both the private outplacement and state Vocational Rehabilitation, so she can offer audiences a truly unique view of how to apply her research. She lives in Auburn, Alabama with her two children. One of her children has high-functioning autism and the other child has a severe hearing loss in her left ear (and changes her hearing aid molds to all kinds of color combinations!). Therefore, she not only looks at this from a professional stance, but also as a mother.
With her unique style, she delivers customized, entertaining and dynamic motivational and keynote presentations and seminar programs to companies, state agencies, professional associations, and organizations across the United States, including Sprint, Alabama Department of Rehabilitation, Georgia Department of Labor, Georgia Rehabilitation Association, West Virginia Department of Rehabilitation Services, Southeast Regional Institute on Deafness, State Coordinator for the Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing conference, Oklahoma Department of Rehabilitation, TACE, Education Forum, Auburn University, Alabama A&M, Alabama Association of Colleges and Employers (AL chapter of NACE), and more.
Above all, her message empowers each person to find and unleash the potential that is inherent within each of us. Her focus is to motivate, educate, entertain, challenge and inspire her audience to take action!
• Certified Personal Brand Strategist
• Certified Career Coach
• Certified Rehabilitation Counselor
• Certified Professional Résumé Writer
• Certified Employment Interview Professional
• Certified Online Identity Specialist
• Author of “I’m in a Job Search–Now What???”
• Named in Career Rocketeer’s 150+ Job Search Experts
• Listed as 100+ Personal Branding Experts to Follow on Twitter
• Blog selected as one of the Top Job Hunting Blogs
- Career Design Coach - Principal | Professional Speaker | Author | Personal Branding Strategist | Social Media Strategist | Career Coach When I started Career Design Coach in April 2008, I could have never imagined the opportunities that would come my way via social media. I've written and had a book published, contributed to other published books, and have been named as one of the Top 150 Experts on Twitter for Job Seekers to follow as well as one of the Top 100 Personal Brand Strategists. I am frequently tapped by the media for interviews on online identity and social media, including the Wall Street Journal, Monster.com, TheLadders.com, and many more. I love to learn and my passion in leveraging social media as part of a person's career marketing strategy is unwavering. Firsthand, I have seen the positive effects of networking in real-world and social media environments. You can contact me directly about speaking or consulting at firstname.lastname@example.org
Top 10 Overused LinkedIn Profile Buzzwords of 2013 [INFOGRAPHIC]
As 2013 comes to a close, we revisit our analysis of overused buzzwords in members’ profiles for the fourth year in a row. Does ‘creative’ o
#RandomActsofKindness Project: Day 4 Paying Someone’s Meal | Kristen Jac...
I love hearing stories of people 'paying it forward' where someone in a drive-thru pays for the car behind and it catches on for the next 10
#RandomActofKindness Day 3: Inspirational Quotes | Kristen Jacoway | Car...
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. ~Aristot Storms make oaks take roots.Proverb. The difference
#RandomActofKindness Project: Day 1 | Kristen Jacoway | Career Design Coach
Helping people affected by the typhoon in the Philippines is my first day with my #randomactofkindness project. You can help, too, by textin
#RandomActofKindness Project: Day 2 AdoptaSoldier.US | Kristen Jacoway |...
Gratitude #randomactofkindness – sending care package to platoon fighting for our country. You can adopt a soldier or platoon by going to ww
Dad Leads Kids on a Bohemian Rhapsody Sing-Along to Get Them Pumped for ...
It's something of a daily tradition for Mr. Cool Dad and his kids: Singing Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody" on the way to school. "Depending on t
What Life Has Taught Me this Past Year | Kristen Jacoway | Career Design...
I looked at my last blog post – February 2012! Wow – I need to take my own advice about blogging on a iStock 000014591796XSmall What Life Ha
Careers Where Patience Really Is a Virtue - Yahoo! Education
Patience is a virtue. We've all heard the cliché before. But did you know that this can be especially true on-the-job? Fact is there are qui
How Social Media Can Help You Snag Top Talent For Your Company
Social media recruiting is the future, and make sure you follow these steps to get the most out of it.
What to Do When A Potential Employer Asks for Your Facebook Password
You're in an interview and your potential employer asks you to hand over your Facebook password. Here are three ways to cope with the situat
No Job, No Home, Please Help – What Will You Do? | Kristen Jacoway | Car...
The following article continues to be one of the most popular that I've written and it's become tradition that I run this article every year
Facebook Privacy Tips | Kristen Jacoway | Career Design Coach
issues. In this article, I want to address some of the key changes you may want to make. Open Graph: Facebook has partnered with several sit
Facebook makes a play for Pinterest traffic with Friendsheet | SmartBlogs
On Tuesday, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg quietly announced Friendsheet to his almost 12 million subscribers on Facebook. Friendsheet is the
Forget the iPad 3 -- Apple is Launching the iPad HD
Our best guess on naming strategy: the device we'll be watching Apple unveil on Wednesday is called the iPad HD, not the iPad 3.
How Pinterest is Becoming the Next Big Thing in Social Media for Business
The online 'pinboard' is driving serious traffic and proving to be a powerful online marketing tool for some companies.
Career Management - Personal Branding Trends for 2012 (Part 1) : Marketi...
Career Management - Over the years, personal branding has proven to be an effective technique for enabling career success. But how we build