Koshy Samuel, MBA Koshy Samuel, MBA - ---- BUSINESS EXPERT 30+ Yrs of Industry Experience with MNC's - Connected to the World of Entrepreneurs and Professionals
SCHLUMBERGER MIDDLE EAST
DIRECTOR SINCE: 2014
COMMITTEES: Health, Safety and Environment; Corporate Governance and Nominating
EXPERIENCE AND KEY STRENGTHS: Mr. Awad has more than 30 years of experience in the international oilfield services industry. In particular, as the former head of Schlumberger’s Middle East and
Asia businesses, he brings to the Board deep knowledge and understanding of those key regions.
- Schlumberger Oilfield Services, Saudi ArabiaWork for a living - future is BUSINESS. Google Koshy Samuel for more, present
Koshy is certainly a experienced, dynamic, MBA qualified entrepreneurial business manager with extensive diverse expertise in sales, sourcing and procurement activities for any corporate Business Support Services
Also his decisions are vision oriented to look at the big picture by adding value, and strive for results in a productive manner with a flexible, adaptable, friendly, energetic and hard working nature.
• 25 years diversified experience in different sectors: Oil & Gas , IT & Telecom, Construction and Service
• Experienced in multinational and international companies:
Ø Global & Local Sourcing and Procurement
Ø Worldwide Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Ø Tenders and Quotations
Ø Sales & Marketing, CRM and e-CRM
Ø HR & Personnel
§ Entrepreneurial manager with significant background in Oil & Gas industry, skilled in establishing strong, ongoing relationship with clients and co-workers at all organisational levels and cultural backgrounds.
§ Continuously and successfully demonstrates extreme flexibility and adaptation to change within various roles. Ensures excellent business performance, growth and development.
§ Accustomed in playing active roles in the establishment of continuous improvements as well as developing marketing and sales strategies, enjoys working in a challenging environment
§ Organised global distribution channels throughout Middle East providing purchase contacts to the company dealing in excess of $ 10M
§ Worked with top level management team in different departments
§ Worked on aggressive sales plans with an historically high rate of success
§ Saved $ 500,000 by continually improving the time sheets and payroll reporting procedures
§ Administered company’s CRM system to support service and use to increase employee participation by more than 300% by recommending utilization for marketing and optimization processes.
Schlumberger Oilfield Services, Al-Khobar, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia (09/05 to date)
Sales & Sourcing Manager
• Independently handle Sales, Sourcing and Business Processes of Schlumberger Well Completion products for Saudi, Bahrain and Kuwait, a US$300M business
• Manage Procurement, Logistics, and Inventory and support the Operations Team consisting of 50 technical and managerial staff. Responsible for a team of 6 sales and support staff and brought increased sales and market share
Atos Origin Middle East, Bahrain & Riyadh, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia (04/05 to 09/05)
Business Support Manager / Human Resources Manager
• Provided extensive business support to the company with turnover of
US$ 300M in the Middle East
• Worked closely with Management team and Human Resources to take care of employee issues of 500 technical staff recruited worldwide. Responsible for a team of 5 people in the HR department.
Schlumberger Oilfield Services, Dubai - UAE (06/91 to 03/05)
Technical & Commercial Business Administrator
• Handled quotes worth US$ 200M and placed orders for US$ 50M per year
• Negotiated prices directly with our manufacturing plants worldwide and other third party companies to procure and ship oil field equipment to customers using efficient Supply Chain management strategies
Ø I independently managed the whole process of all direct sale quotations of Well Completion Products, Reda Pump Products including ESP's, Artificial Lift & other oil field products
Ø Coordinated all technical issues, ordering equipment from around the world to meet the demand and supply of specialised oil field products
Ø Established purchasing procedures, vendor sourcing, staff training and supervision
Costain International, Dubai - UAE (12/88 to 6/91)
Business Administration Manager
• Complete office administration, preparation and submission of quotes and organising various onshore and offshore geotechnical site investigations, auger boring and pipe jacking works throughout the Middle East
Gearhart Geodata Services, Dubai - UAE (12/87 to 12/88)
Manager - Business & Administration
Gearhart Industries, Inc. - acquired by & absorbed into Halliburton Company
• Independently managed the complete office system including accounts, administration and assisting with daily operations and field co-ordination
• Preparation and submission of invoices, organising travel for personnel to offshore locations and movement of oilfield cargo/equipment etc.
Gibca Electro-Mechanical Company, Sharjah - UAE (08/84 to 12/87)
Stores, Inventory & Logistics Controller
• Started as Stores Controller and moved on to Executive Office Management in the Region Office working with Managing Director and other Executives
Master of Business Administration (MBA) (2000 to 2002)
University of Strathclyde Graduate School of Business, United Kingdom
- Strathclyde University, Glasgowpresent