- John Ruskin College1995
- KolTregaskes.com (current)
- Kol Tregaskes Photography (current)
- Tregaskes.co.uk (current)
- KolTregaskes.com on Quora (current)
- Kol Tregaskes Photography on Quora (current)
- #PhotographyFlips on Flipboard (current)
- #PhotoFlips on Flipboard (current)
- #ArtFlips on Flipboard (current)
- #TechFlips on Flipboard (current)
- #GooglePlusFlips on Flipboard (current)
- #GamingFlips on Flipboard (current)
- #EntertainmentFlips on Flipboard (current)
- #MusicFlips on Flipboard (current)
- #MovieFlips on Flipboard (current)
- #TVFlips on Flipboard (current)
- #SciFiFlips on Flipboard (current)
- #ScienceFlips on Flipboard (current)
- #NatureWildlifeFlips on Flipboard (current)
- #SportFlips on Flipboard (current)
- #FunCoolWowFlips on Flipboard (current)
- #WorldNewsFlips on Flipboard (current)
- #OddsNSodsFlips on Flipboard (current)
- #PhotoPins on Pinterest (current)
- #ArtPins on Pinterest (current)
- #MusicTubes on YouTube (current)
- #MovieTubes on YouTube (current)
- #GamingTubes on YouTube (current)
- #TechTubes on YouTube (current)
Hello, welcome to my Google+ page. I'm a keen amateur photographer who would like to eventually combine photography with my other interests of travelling, cycling and pencil drawing. I currently work in the telecoms industry as a data coordinator but do make sure I take some time out for my photography. My main genres are landscapes, nature, animals, events and sport.
Along with photography I also work in Photoshop; manipulating and tidying photos for myself and others.
My photography has been used by various people and companies, such as an outside broadcasting firm, a major credit card/bank and one photo was in the running to be a Royal Mail stamp in the UK.
I used to work in the computer games industry in various roles and still an avid gamer. I'm also into music, movies, sports such as rugby, F1 and football, web development, art, technology, science, science-fiction and social networking services like Google+.
I have a large list of collections, which are broken up into main sections, topics and themes. So take your look at your favourite interests and please click follow if you would like to keep up to date with my posts.
My main collections are:
- Blog in-depth posts
- My Photography albums and shares of my photos
- My Art albums and shares of my art
- Status Updates Twitter-like text updates
- Google+ Collections tips and guides
The bulk of my collections are all my favourite topics::
- Fun / Cool / Wow
- Everything Else
- #NewMusicMonday favourite newly discovered tunes
- #FilmTrailerFriday film trailers or previews
- #SportingSaturday&Sunday live chats events from my favourite sports
- #QuestionOfTheDay polls and questions
- #KolReviews short reviews
My Google Newsstand
I've produced my main sites in Google's Newsstand app, you can find them here:
- +Kol Tregaskes my Google+ page [needs updating for the new collections]
- KolTregaskes.com my personal site
- Kol Tregaskes Photography my photography site
My Social Profiles
I’m on many social networks! My main profiles are:
- Flipboard list of my magazines, profile is @koltregaskes
- Pinterest list of my pinboards, profile is koltregaskes
- YouTube list of my playlists, profile is koltregaskes
Thanks for visiting my Google+ page! :-)
- Clarke TelecomData Co-ordinator, 2010 - present• Main interface between DataVisibility and Clarke Telecom for data, workflow and reporting requirements during the development phase of the Imprest projects database. • Project/Department process mapping. • Coordinate data cleanse activities across all projects/departments prior to migration to Imprest database. • Ongoing liaison with each project/department team to ensure current and future project tracking tools meet their requirements. • Develop and maintain company QlikView reports. • Maintain and issue day-to-day project tracking tools and reports, e.g. PM Report, suite of exception reports, PM Generator database, PM Report comments database. • Ongoing Imprest database management and administration e.g. user accounts, project workflows, reporting. • Develop, maintain and issue performance measurement reports to support all projects and departments. • Resolve any data errors and assist project teams improve the accuracy of Clarke data reported in customer systems. • Bespoke reports as required for Project Managers, Directors, etc. • Manage and maintain project areas of Clarke Telecom Intranet site. • Issue reporting packs to projects/departments/managers at agreed intervals. • Develop and maintain reporting tools specifically to help us meet customer KPI measures. • Verify any customer reports or statistics to ensure we are satisfied with their accuracy. Highlight any errors in the reports back to the customer reporting/data team. • External system accounts tracking. • Liaise with client for data/reporting/system requirements/request/issues
- Kol Tregaskes PhotographyPhotorgapher, presentPhotographer and photo editing.
- The Creative AssemblyQA/IT/Tools Tester, 2009 - 2010- QA duties including tools, compatibility and game testing.
- Mono ConsultantsData Co-ordinator, 2008 - 2009Employed on recommendation of former Bechtel colleague, now Mono Project Manager on Vodafone project • Produced Excel and Business Objects reports for the project & senior management for the whole of the UK • Work flow management tool (Evenflow) support and administration - the day to day maintenance and updating of data within the system, including raising new Network Requirements and Site Options for the projects, initiating active plans and updating workflow dates • General administration and project support
- British Broadcasting CorporationProject Administrator, 2008 - 2008Short term Siemens project to audit all BBC telephony in London and various regional offices in preparation for further VoIP project/upgrade • Check and organise all information gathered by auditors and converted to electronic form • Tracked progress of audit via Excel spreadsheets used by the project manager • Completed project 2 months earlier than planned due to quick efficient gathering and entering of data
- Vodafone UKProject Co-ordinator, 2005 - 2007Worked on project HSDPA, 3G Broadband and ATP • Work flow management tool (Evenflow) support and administration - the day to day maintenance and updating of data within the system, including raising new Network Requirements for the projects, initiating active plans and updating workflow dates • Produced Excel and Business Objects reports for the project & senior management • Raised work packages requirements in Clarify, raised and mapped 2G and 3G transmission requirements in Cramer plus raised and receipted sales orders for hardware kit • Gained knowledge of 2G and 3G networks while liaising with Vodafone key suppliers (Ericsson, Nortel and K&N) to ensure that the hardware requirement for the project deliverables were delivered accordingly • Held regular meetings with transmissions provider to determine delivery date and update database with latest forecast dates • General administration and project support
- BechtelSystems Integrator, 2003 - 2005Worked on Vodafone project IVOR • Data extraction, cleansing, comparison and clarification • Redesign of analysis tables giving greater clarity when producing progress updates, and enabling data to be updated more easily • Migrated data in preparation for software integration to the main VF database, Evenflow. • Redesigned Bechtel’s database forms via their web-based database • Generated reports for senior management with Business Objects
- The Bitmap BrothersQA Manager/ Admin. Manager, 2000 - 2002Employed, on the recommendation of the Lead Designer to construct and promote a new corporate website (www.bitmap-brothers.co.uk). • Redesigned, coded and implemented a new corporate website (which helped increase traffic dramatically) • Officially promoted in March 2001, having organically grown the initial Webmaster role and incrementally accepted additional responsibilities • Supported the Technical Manager to later take full responsibility of IT support within the company • Carried out various other tasks including design and maintenance of an Access bug database (improved data quality, user interface and more accurate reporting)
- AtariCode Supervisor, 1996 - 2000Initially joined Warner Interactive as a Junior Tester. • Deputised for both the QA Manager and Assistant QA Manager during their absence • Acted as lead tester on a number of game titles, organising the workload of 4/5 members of staff and coordinating the testing areas • Carried out various administration tasks, including, testing software, assistance of office relocation, code record keeping, bug database maintenance and proofreading manuals
- Color Dash Puzzle
- Call of Duty®:Heroes
- SimCity Mobile
- Brain Dots
As you can see I'm not contributing as much as I used to but still active. :-)
it does seem like the publishers are using these techniques to bend them in their favour (especially if its a game, that isn't a good as it should be, or a game this is broken on launch) :-)
Why Most Video Game 'Aggression' Studies Are Nonsense
Do violent video games make people more aggressive? Politicians and pundits have been asking that question for years now, and although every
Ultimate Bitcoin Guide: How to Setup a Wallet, Buy, and Use Bitcoin in t...
From setting up a Bitcoin wallet to buying and using Bitcoin safely in the UK, our guide tells you everything you need to know about the Bit
We either cut immigration or have a properly staffed NHS. We can’t do bo...
Many experienced nurses will be deported as a result of new visa rules – this will be catastrophic for the NHS and the economy as a whole
GCHQ's surveillance of two human rights groups ruled illegal by tribunal...
Initial interceptions lawful but retention and examination of communications illegal, rules IPT in case brought following Edward Snowden rev
The Earth stands on the brink of its sixth mass extinction and the fault...
The rate at which vertebrate species are now dying far exceeds the norm
‘Recruiter’ of UK jihadis: I regret opening the way to Isis | World news...
Abu Muntasir sobs on TV documentary as he tells of raising funds and recruiting fighters before turning his back on violence
This War of Mine is headed to Android tablets in July, snags new interac...
This War of Mine, a game that puts you in the shoes of civilians during war time, is coming to Android tablets in July. This War of Mine, an
Katya by Георгий Чернядьев (Georgiy Chernyadyev) / 500px
Paid lessons retouching. Live and video tutorials my retouching techniques and toning in Photoshop and Lightroom Join me on My Facebook Page
A picture of loneliness: you are looking at the last male northern white...
The image of Sudan the rhino, surrounded by the armed guards who protect him from poachers, shows how little humans have learned since the i
Remains of a Wreck by Þorsteinn H Ingibergsson / 500px
Remains of a Wreck by Þorsteinn H Ingibergsson
How steam-powered stealth will transform Assassin's Creed (Wired UK)
WIRED.co.uk speaks with Creative Director Marc-Alexis Coté and Senior Producer Francois Pelland on the Victorian setting, the dual protagoni