Systems hacker & designer, former software developer & systems architect, west coast swing dancer, Kiwi in London, quantified-self hacking geek, quantified teams, runner of hackathons experiences.
I work with individuals to hack & design a model for the systems, structures, flows, people and resources they need to optimise their lifestyle for what's important to them.
I work with businesses to hack & design a model for the systems, structures, processes, people and resources that they need to optimise achieving their objectives.
I was an enterprise software developer & systems architect for 7 years. I now apply this same level of Systems Design & Systems Thinking to everything I do.
FuelStory - systems for life and business
It all starts with a good story. What's your story past, present & future?
1. Review: first we understand what's your past story, what stage are you at, your motivations, what's worked, what hasn't worked. Then from a place of empathy & understanding we map out your ecosystem, search and discover insights.
2. Reflect: next we take stock, run a healthcheck, audit and identify both the bottlenecks and opportunities, then prioritise the areas to focus on that will leverage and accelerate the most change right now
3. Roadmap: together we craft a strategy and plan with a timeline and layout your short, medium and longterm actions, milestones and objectives.
Recalibrate - schedule periodic waypoints to check we are on target, measure, reflect and then create the next roadmap given your trajectory.
we have a collective
of specialists individuals & businesses that we bring together and deliver workshops, training and implementation.
What we do
- Culture: values, purpose, vision (the base of why you exist, what is compelling, why people will work for you and with you)
- Communication (internal teams, external PR, Media training, digital tone of voice)
- Brand Architecture & Strategy: Name, Tagline, Key Messages, Stories; internal: Essence, Values, Traits
- Workflow, Time & Resources: a structure for daily timing of work, breaks/play, food/fuel cycles to optimise energy, productivity & creativity
- Physical environment optimisation
- Operations, finances, accounting & internal systems audit with recommendations
- Customer discovery, research, personas, journey, empathy maps, value proposition design
- Testing, hypothesis validation and experiment design
- Product Architecture, Design & Management
- Design process (Design Thinking, Service Design, UX/UI)
- Development process (Agile, Scrum, XP)
- Ideation, Innovation workshops and methodologies (The 5 conditions for creativity)
- Business model generation, audit & review
- Strategic partnership development, investment and funding
- Sales cycle (margins, pipeline, supporting sales materials) & in-person methodologies (rapport, ascending engagement, trust, NLP)
- Content marketing, Channel selection, Community Building and Growth hacking (data-driven marketing & analytics)
- Exceptional Customer service methods & and user centred process
How we work