NPR's v Best Sci Guy had to loose the lower 2/3's of his Left Arm so that doctors could save his life:
Can such plans – made in isolation and w/o any Cooperative Benefit** – be viable contra China?? CC:
James Kenny, CEO of Frontier Rare Earths, South Africa, speaks to InvestorIntel below.
Frontier is looking at "cost effective processing possibilities" from its principal monazite ore+ "because the ore contains cerium, neodymium, praseodymium and lanthanum."
. . . Above REEs sure sound like Lights to me! But the best thing Frontier may have got going is that Korea-gov't-owned KORES owns a 10% interest in Fontier's Zandkopsdrift Project.
Good thing que Korea is Komitted to developing REE-Separation Facilities Fóra de China !!
** To See more about the US Senate "CRĒ Bill" for "Cooperative Rare Earths & Energy," check out:
But the fact that kores is involved shows how desperate china's neighbors are to get rare earth supply at any cost.
On this Ocasión Feliz I thot should inform-U that the World of Ms. Science shall shine far brighter before 2014 is over !
Sino officials now officially specify Ferro-Foundaries' use of Fe ores K contém << O.10% Sulfur, all this to minimize formation of acid/irritating Sulfate Aerosols in polución-prone metros like Beijing...
Today/Hoje be sure /assegúre-se
to Have a Happy Birthday ou Feliz Aniversário !!
Do you know /conhecem quaisquer /any Chemists or Engineers who like /que gostam das Tecnical Áreas in que I work? (You can check out /conferir my Profile/ Pérfil or link below para saber more!)
( = got acquainted with)
Thanks for adding-me to your circles interessantes hoje, !
With your background in E.E./Automation (e Robótics?) e betting U hail from Brazil (c'um apelido like Sérge Braz ), I thót you'd like – e pudésse promulgar – the below blurb about "o Brasil, Molten Salts e Cooperation".
For some cool Chem-Centric Stratégia ref. à Molten-sal. Sciência, confira /check-out êsse Linkd-in thread (e its subsequent links):
Ref. à Legislation-U.S. not ∑ Pública mas afeitará esta tech para o Brasil, a EU e qualQuer Canto 'cept China, if you'd like to be (B)Cc'd (tua pref), please share teu email comigo (prîvly se quiser).
I would, whenever i get to visit your big Bollywood town, love to tour BARC, the Bhabha Atomic Research Center!
As Chemist I would need molten Salts for Fusionexperiments at low, very low temperatures and also for using Entropie as power at very high pressures.
Grato que vocês /Glad K y'all like "los" Andante Spianato e Grande Polonêsa Brilhânte" por Chopin. (c.um bit d. brazilificação thrown in by me Sérgio, naturally!)
Say, Sam, if you already love a música, more likely K not you'll apreciate a harmonîa /the h. of a Química de Molten Salts – because it's "chem-sávi" Ms. Science K enables ALL of the Hydrocarbon e Energy Improvements K Mankind Must do to solve sério Stuff like this :
- Molten Salt Chemistry at ChemInnovárSt Paul, Minnesota, 2008 - present
- 3MProcess Dev. Specialist, 1989 - 2003
- Dow Chemical CompanyAg Products Chem Engineer, 1988 - 1989
- HoneywellLithium/SF6 Torpedo Chem Specialist – Phoenix AZ, 1982 - 1988
- CelaneseTexas, 1981 - 1982
612.424.2082 -- gVoice
8614 Jenner Ln S Cottage Grove, Minnesota 55016
My speciality is the development of sustainable feeds, fuels and energy, and my aim is to spawn a slew of new industries throughout the West.
Through the affordable Chemistry and Catalysis of Fluorides, Chlorides, and similar anhydrous but Liquid technologies – the West can build up novel, lucrative enterprises like truly-sustainable energy from fluid-phase Thorium reactors. My personal goals include countering several very serious challenges to America, the West and western economies in general...
But the best Defense to such challenges – severe enough to eviscerate whatever atrophied economic muscles remain, should we fail to wake up fast – is for the West to develop Molten Salts:
- Here is my briefest intro to Molten Salt Science: "Saving the West with Ms. Science."
- Watch a quick 10-slide introduction to Molten Salt Science. In addition to enabling the West with affordable Heat & Power from Ms. Reactors, Ms. Sci shall facilitate a number of Industrial Processes that should become highly profitable more quickly than China can copy!
- In January 2011 China publicly expressed its intentions to Control Molten Salt Reactor technology Globally.
(Download for better graphics, and check out the Endlink for a quick "Ms. Chem" tutorial.)
- The Response of the Dept of Energy to the obvious global "Ms. Ambitions" of America's main competitor (China) is baffling to most observers outside of the DoE Bureaucracy...
(also peruse resources in the appendix!)
- Fate of the US is tied to Rare Earths and Thorium. Feel free to add your Two Bits to this thread on G+.
- Summary of the Thorium Energy Alliance strategy for the US to lead an Industrial Renaissance in the West.
With a true passion for developing sustainable technologies for Chemicals and especially Energy, I know that if we fail to develop these very do-able technologies – which China is doing while I type – that no western manufacturer will be able to compete with the Sino Competition in the near future.
Regarding my "industrial" background, after I earned my M.S. in Chem Engineering and "cut my teeth" at Honeywell for 6 years (coming up with new chemicals, RMs and processes for high-temp "Fluoride Energy" systems), 3M Company recruited and moved me & my family (of 6 back then) to Minnesota.
For 13 years I really enjoyed developing a number of Energetic & Fluorochemical products at 3M.
I also invented and implemented (in 3M manufacturing facilities) numerous new & improved chemical processes. Several of such processes won 3M-Corp Manufacturing Awards, and three were granted US+ patents for significantly reduced costs & environmental footprint.
- University of Texas at Austin – MS in ChemE
- Brigham Young University (BYU) Provo UT – BS in ChemE/Chemistry