- DNA of DesignFounding director, 2011 - present
- Momentouslyco-founder, 2011 - present
Freelance user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) designer for web, mobile web & iOS. I work on client projects and my own start up projects. Nice to meet you :)
View my portfolio: http://kieranmcmillan.com
Join the largest UX / UI design community on Google+ https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/116724929804385911013
For the past 16 years I have been working as a User Experience (UX) Designer and User Interface (UI) Designer with a broad portfolio of digital products, spanning web, mobile and interactive experiences. I pride myself in proposing solutions that balance user needs with business goals and technical capabilities.
I believe design should not be considered as an after-thought. The combination of design, technology and business is critical to success because it enables product iteration to happen faster and at a higher resolution. Being fluent in the full design stack, from user research and interaction design to information architecture and communication design means I can take you from prototype to a full featured app.
I also possess a wealth of experience in cooking up start up ventures of my own.
- UX design
- UI design
- Solving interaction design problems
- Identification of Minimum Viable Product requirements (using lean startup methodology)
- Creation of expertly crafted documentation including wire frames, site maps, annotation and technical requirements specifications
- Conducting user experience audits and evaluation of competitors to find and implement new opportunities
- Definition and organisation of user journeys / workflows across multiple projects
- Creation task flow/process flows to inform the experience
- Design of user profiles / journeys for a range of scenarios and role-types for example executives, partners, stakeholders, content team and customers
- Provision of layered design assets (using vectors for retina scaling)
- Developing prototypes of concepts and designs for user testing and client review
- Understanding of the possibilities and limitations of various technologies in order to design appropriate level of interactivity and work closely with the technology team to mitigate the risks
- Quality Control lead for all UX and design work
- My portfolio (current)
Awesome Screenshot: Capture & Annotate - Chrome Web Store
Capture the whole page or any portion, annotate it with rectangles, circles, arrows, lines and text, blur sensitive info, one-click upload t
Google Plus Directory | Google Plus Search | Find People on G+
See 14,536,129 individuals that you might want to check out and follow. Meet individuals like Mark Zuckerberg in United States with 439,589
The merging of storytelling and interactivity in advertising
Less Rain's founder and creative director, Vassilios Alexiou, discusses why in advertising, being entertaining is only part of the story
Compact hydroponic unit can grow 10,000 vegetables a year
Japanese homebuilding firm Daiwa House Industry has developed the Agri-Cube, a unit that fits inside a standard parking space and can produc
YouTube - Phoebe Killdeer & the Short Straws - The Fade Out Line @ M...
Create AccountSign In. Home. BrowseMoviesUpload. Hey there, this is not a commercial interruption. You're using an outdated browser, whi
Wristband responds to UV levels to warn wearers against overexposure to ...
A new paper wristband from Scotland's University of Strathclyde responds to UV light levels, turning from yellow to pink when the levels hav
The top responsive web design problems ... and how to avoid them! | Feat...
James Young recently surveyed his fellow designers about the biggest problems they face on responsive sites. Here, he reports on the results
Google+ Hangouts Studio Mode Lets Musicians Stream Concerts With Pristin...
Google wants Hangouts On Air to become the way musicians stream concerts from their garage or the stadium, so today it launches Studio Mode,
One Of Facebook’s Top Designers Is Leaving, To Fund Designer-Led Start-Ups
A few months ago, Ben Blumenfeld had one of the best, most thankless design jobs on the planet. He’d worked at Facebook for five years. He s