It's easy to forget, in the realm of always-improving phones, that physics and science have some fairly hard limits. Want to make something thin, radio-transparent, touch-sensitive, oil-resistant, light, bright, scratch-resistant, and fracture-proof? We honestly have 7 of those 8 things nailed down, but it's really hard to get the 8th included. Gravity, man. And loose jeans pockets.
That's why I've helped smart dude launch an ebook/community project: the moxibox. It's a RAID/ZFS storage box you make yourself, with seriously experienced and tested guidance. Help Lee get moxibox off the ground for very little.
If anyone has any invites burning a hole in their pocket ... well, I'd appreciate a nod. I pre-ordered but canceled earlier this week, thinking I could fix the problems with my current phone. And, like voodoo medicine, it felt like I'd fixed them the day after I canceled. But now? Now I kind of want back in :-\
If you can tell your phone exactly how bright you need it in the dark, the daylight, and other situations, you can save a lot of battery life. A lot.
It's about $150, which is no small shakes. But the xPrintServer might be far less than the cost of a brand-new printer. And it makes it possible for you and others to print to almost any semi-modern USB or wireless printer. I wrote up a semi-review of this little bit of hardware at .
For about $10 (with Prime shipping), I got myself 11 waterproof NFC tags that work with my HTC One. Less than a week later, and I've got them on my bike, in my car, on my bed-side table (oh, grow up), and on the coat rack at CoworkBuffalo. What made me want to get them was the power of Trigger, a do-this-when-this app that's a bit easier to grok then Tasker.
Check out some of my nerdy little uses at ITworld.
- Writer, editor, blogger
- Computer geek, Linux user, fan of writing in Markdown
- Founding organizer for TEDxBuffalo
- Co-founder of CoworkBuffalo
- Primary cook for my household
- Author of the outdated books The Complete Android Guide and Google+: The Missing Manual
- Man who understands sentence structure better than this page would imply.
- University at Buffalo
- The WirecutterWriter, 2015 - present
- Freelance Writer2011 - 2015Writing for: Fortune, The Wirecutter, The Sweethome, The Magazine, ITworld, Men's Journal, Buffalo Spree, Block Club, and more.
- Lifehacker.comContributing Editor, 2007 - 2011
- The Buffalo NewsTemp Reporter (a.k.a. Hardcore Intern), 2003 - 2004
- The Sandusky RegisterCops & Courts Reporter, 2004 - 2005
- Greater Niagara NewspapersReporter (many hats), 2005 - 2008
StrongLifts 5x5 Workout - Android Apps on Google Play
The simplest, most effective workout to get stronger, build muscle and burn fat fast. Three exercises, three times a week, 45 minutes per wo
Breaking Bad Theme - played with meth lab equipment.
Get a free month of Netflix! http://netflix.com/andrewhuang I don't know anything about making meth but a little Googling let me know that i
The Humble Bundle with Android 6 (pay what you want and help charity)
Pay whatever you want to get Aquaria, Fractal: Make Blooms Not War, Organ Trail: Director's Cut, and Stealth Bastard Deluxe -- all while sup