Upgraded my Nexus 7 (2012) to Android 4.4. "About tablet -> Status" shows IPv6 addresses now, but that's it. Still won't connect to an IPv6 only WiFi network (http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=32630), nor is it acquiring any information over DHCPv6 (http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=32621).
5 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- TJ EvansOwner+2TTBOMK, that is correct:
* IPv6-only WiFi is still not supported.
* IPv6-only cellular is.
_I am sure could confirm / correct ... _Nov 19, 2013
- As have I. I know dual-stack is pretty much where it's at for right now, but I'd like to see Android get compliant with RFC 6540. Requiring IPv4 as a crutch won't move us forward.Nov 19, 2013
- I'm happy to review patches.Nov 20, 2013
I'm a sysadmin, not a developer. If any of us knew how to fix the code, the patch would be on the bug report already.Nov 20, 2013
- I guess this will have to wait until someone writes the code, then.Nov 20, 2013
- What code needs to be written? This seems like an integration issue more than anything.Nov 21, 2013
Add a comment...