I have been working on menus... er... encounter charts for my Trolls in Pamaltela game. Since there is little for me to go on, I am wondering what terrestrial analogs to use for flora and fauna. Africa and Australia come to mind, but which regions? Are there other areas I should borrow from? How about epoch? Does the existence of megafauna mammals and dinosaurs point me to points in the past?
2 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 7 previous comments
- When I was running some Maslo/coastal Pamaltela I found the Anaxial's Annex page very useful for ideas.Apr 17, 2014
- HeroQuest 2, although I will be using some fairly significant house rules as an experiment this time.Apr 17, 2014
- Jeff RichardOwner+2For what it is worth, Sandy came up with the list of megafauna used in the game. Sandy's reminder was that Pamaltela has even more prehistoric things (particularly from the Tertiary Period) than Genertela, and that you should feel free to add whatever really cool megafauna mammals you have always wanted to see in a setting. Then try to figure out their ecology in reverse.Apr 18, 2014
- Will this be covered in The Gloranthan Bestiary? Assuming Pete Nash's and Sandy's work comes to fruition?Apr 18, 2014
- Jeff RichardOwner+2Sandy's contribution to the Bestiary has been delayed until we finish another (much bigger) project that we should be announcing before GenCon.Apr 18, 2014
- Uh ? Foreshadowing now Mr Richard?Apr 18, 2014
Add a comment...