The Nakasendo is an old road in Japan that connects Kyoto to Tokyo. It was once a major foot highway, but today small sections retain some of its historical feel. In October I walked along 5 short sections of it, staying at traditional inns along the way. My guide waswho is fluent in Japanese, his ease with the language made the trip possible. And he is a great travel companion (he took the picture of me in the onsen). The Nakasendo is full of history and many artists and poets over the centuries have travelled along it, including Basho, the haiku genius. We met a lot of characters, too, and thoroughly enjoyed the exquisite details that make up this country.
Japan's Nakasendo Walk
83 Photos - View album
817 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 82 previous comments
- Thank you for sharing! I love it :))Dec 23, 2016
- Thank you for the lovely photos! ❤️Dec 23, 2016
- Thanks for sharingJul 6, 2017
- Thanks for the share.AmazingNov 3, 2017
- pali mad+3Great photos, what is the town from the first one? Thanks38w
- Wonderful pictures34w
Add a comment...