How Far Is It To The Horizon?
It's not that hard to figure out.... but it depends on what planet you're on. The equation can also be derived using the Pythagorean theorem.
The measurements stand for:
d = distance to the horizon
h = height of the observer above sea level
R = radius of the planet*
*(worth noting that Earth needs to factor in a slight effect of atmospheric refraction)
Since the line of sight is a tangent to the Earth, it is perpendicular to the radius at the horizon. This sets up a right triangle, with the sum of the radius and the height as the hypotenuse.
Learn more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horizon
- Whole Foods MarketGrocery Team Member, 2014 - present
- Housing and Food ServicesBarista, present
- MamnoonBusser, 2013 - 2014Seattle MET's Restaurant of the Year 2013
- Mamma MelinaBusboy, 2012 - 2012
- Life CrushedWriter/Editor, 2012 - 2012
- University of Washington Law LibraryStudent Technician, 2010 - 2012
- Final Take Productions2012
- University Of Washingtonpresent
- Bothell High School
- Star Trek Timelines
- Star Wars: Commander
- Crossy Road
- Star Wars Capital
Today's Google Offer in Seattle - $9 for a beer tasting, plus a take-hom...
Eco conscious, family-owned microbrewery. Artisan beers made with local ingredients. Small-batch brew process: quality over quantity. Includ
Cassiopeia A: Death Becomes Her - NASA Spitzer Space Telescope
This stunning false-color picture shows off the many sides of the supernova remnant Cassiopeia A. It is made up of images taken by three of