Marketing Automation is managed by functions such as Demand Generation. Marketing automation is the name given to software platforms designed to simplify processes for marketing organizations by automating repetitive tasks.
9 categories to refer to marketing automation technology. :-
CRM Multichannel Campaign Management
Data Quality Tools
Marketing Resource Management
Enterprise Marketing Management
Enterprise Content Management
Web Content Management
CRM Customer Service Contact Centers
Measuring Results: Measuring the component of every element of the process: the images, offers, campaigns, products, regions, etc..
Marketing automation enables marketing success. Marketers are automating processes such as campaign and lead management, which allows them to execute more focused and more highly targeted campaigns.
Multichannel marketing is becoming common practice. More than two thirds of B2B and B2C respondents are now using multichannel marketing; a quarter of the survey group responded that they see themselves as experienced hands with the strategy.
Behavioral marketing can bring greater rewards. More than half of behavioral marketers said that they grew their revenues faster than planned as compared to 41% of more traditional marketers. However:
Behavioral marketing is a less mature practice. Only 17% of respondents to the survey considered that they were mature practitioners of behavioral marketing.
Marketing Automation Stats: Industry Growth
1) Marketing automation will help us generate more revenue
Provide examples of specific ways that the software can help drive revenue. Examples
• Increased campaign response rates as a result of being able to:
• Better understand customer/prospects and their needs, interests, and behavior
• Personalize messages to segments or even individuals
• Leverage more effective event-based and inbound offer management strategies
• Better coordinate messages and offers across channels
• Accelerate the sales cycle through automated nurture campaigns and more effec-
tive lead management (i.e. reps only working qualified deals with a high propensity
• Increased output/capacity through greater automation
• Better email deliverability, which widens the mouth of the funnel
• Identify top-performing programs/campaigns and reallocate resources accordingly
2) Marketing automation will help us save money
Provide examples of specific ways that the software can save money, whether by in-
creasing efficiency or reducing costs. Examples may include:
• More efficient management of marketing resources, both internal and external
• Increased output with the same or less headcount thanks to greater automation
• Greater reuse of marketing content and campaign assets
• Eliminate wasteful spend by measuring ROI at the program/campaign/offer level
• Reduce software costs by consolidating multiple tools into a single platform
This section should outline the financial impact of the proposal. Ultimately, your execu-
tives will want to know the associated costs and benefits/gains—typically expressed in
financial metrics, such as breakeven point, payback period, return on investment (ROI),
or total cost of ownership (TCO).
ROI=(Gain from Investment - Cost of Investment)%Cost of Investment
Marketing Automation Benefits
• Revenue Gains – Calculate the revenue gains expected from implementing market-
ing automation. If you are a B2B company, a good approach is to use the SiriusDe-
cisions’ waterfall (see figure 1) to estimate how many more deals you will close as
a result of optimized campaign/lead management, and then multiply this number
by your average deal value. Transactional B2C marketers can more directly calculate
anticipated revenue gains using campaign conversion rates.
• Productivity Gains – As marketing automation can significantly increase market-
ing efficiency, be sure to factor productivity gains into your analysis. For instance,
if campaign execution time is cut in half, calculate the employee hours saved per
campaign and then multiply by the number of campaigns sent annually and aver-
age employee salary to estimate savings. Another way to look at it would be full-
time equivalent (FTE) headcount: if marketing automation allows you to reduce FTE
or to increase output without hiring additional FTE, apply those salaries and ben-
efits cost savings to your analysis.
• Cost Reductions – Marketing automation can generate substantial cost reduc-
tions, whether by minimizing waste, helping marketers to optimize their mix, or by
consolidating multiple systems. However, depending on how you outline your cost
structure, be sure not to double count reductions in operations and program costs.
In cases where real measurement cannot occur, you must rely on conservative and rea-
- HaymakrrFounder / Digital Marketing Consutant, 2012 - presentFeatured clients include; Vocus, Bozzuto, Department of Education.
- RIVA SolutionsDirector of Digital Marketing, 2011 - 2012Served as the Director of Digital Marketing for RIVA Solutions, a pioneering digital services company in the federal government contracting industry. He captains RIVA in digital strategy/consulting, social media consulting, online engagement, social media education, emerging web technologies, integrated marketing, online brand awareness, community management, customer service, creative social media campaigns, and digital marketing / social media thought leadership.
- Suite DiggsFounder & CEO, 2009 - 2011Furniture company for young professionals.
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State UniversityMarketing, 2002 - 2006
Bozzuto Homes presents - 10 minutes with an interior designer
Celebrate the Grand Opening of our model homes and enjoy “10 minutes with an Interior Designer.” REGISTER ON EVENTBRITE HERE --> http://www.
The Importance of Finding (And Facing) Your Weaknesses
No one is perfect. Understanding exactly where you need more work can help you get ahead. Here's how to get a greater measure of self-awaren