- Teachers, coaches and students
- Anyone interested in learning and memory
- Anyone interested in how the brain works
- University of Maryland Baltimore County
For that reason, I created BJJ Canvas. It's an expression of that passion with a focus on a simple idea.
I'll explain it real quick.
Brazilian Jiu-jitsu is something that you can take and create your own expression of it. If you understand the concepts and you develop the movements, you can create a style that is uniquely your own.
I'm just loving the process.
A Few Articles from the Site
- Embrace the Process - This is an strong reinforcement of the idea that how you respond to events determines the benefit you receive from them.
- The Benefits of Competition - Why you should compete. There are benefits that you may not see. That's even true if you don't train.
- Mindset is Often More Important than Skillset - Mindset can be improved and developed just like skillset. It's all about repetition and reinforcement of fundamental concepts until they become ingrained.
- How to Apply Think and Grow Rich Concepts to BJJ - Think and Grow Rich is an incredible book. I've read it three times, and I will likely read it far more. This article is an application of those concepts.
- Why Thinking about the Critical Point Can Help You - A thought process about those instances when the outcome of an situation can tilt either way. The focus is on BJJ, but the concept can be applied in far more areas.
- Evolve AcademyAssistant Instructor, 2010 - present
Black Belt Learning Strategies and Advice: Josh Vogel
An interview with Josh Vogel on how he learns as a student and teaches as an instructor of Jiu-jitsu.
A New Way to Look at the Near Arm for Control and Passing
Controlling the near arm is the facet of several passing and control technique, but have you ever thought about how significant it is.
Structuring a Curriculum for Competitors Versus the General Public
I was asked a very specific question about curriculums, so I spent some time thinking about it. This was the result.
What Are The True Basics of the Half Guard? - BJJ Canvas
The beauty of Jiu-jitsu is that you can find multiple paths toward the same outcome. So the true basics of a position for me may not be your
My Thoughts on the Double Guard Pull Game - BJJ Canvas
I recently saw Saulo Ribeiro's video on the double guard pull game in Brazilian Jiu-jitsu. It's quite interesting, and it inspired me to thi
Organic Translations of Brazilian Jiu-jitsu Articles
Another project that will be worked on here at BJJ Canvas. The focus on finding and translating BJJ content that isn't widely available in E