Served for ten years as project manager and regional director for the Institute of Cultural Affairs (ICA) with postings to Human Development projects in Oklahoma; North Sumatra, Indonesia; and South Korea; as well as community engagement coordinator in a joint agricultural venture in an Eskimo (Iniupiaq) village north of the Arctic Circle.
Worked for six years as partner and General Manager of International Marketing Communications for a Tokyo-based enterprise, with responsibility for the preparation and quality control for all English-language materials, including annual reports, corporate profiles, corporate social responsibility reports, marketing presentations, narration scripts, product brochures, and Web sites.Employed for 11+ years by Casey Family Programs, headquartered in Seattle, to provide technical and communications support to senior and executive management for projects related to the coordination of direct service operations, strategic planning, strategy mapping, and organizational restructuring.
Now integrating previous career streams--community, corporate communications, technology--to explore, cultivate, and celebrate #civicimagination and #civicengagement through such tools as #patternlanguages, #socialartistry, and #intentionalcommunity and ensuring #digitalinclusion
- University of Wisconsin-MilwaukeePhilosophy, 1970 - 1974
- Gillgren Communication Services, Inc.President/Chief Consultant, 2005 - present
- Institute of Cultural AffairsProject Coordinator, Regional Manager, 1974 - 1985
- TOLA IncGeneral Manager, International Corporate Communications, 1985 - 1992
- Casey Family ProgramsOperations Specialist, 1992 - 2005