The new Squadron Strike Ship Designer Spreadsheet is up! Check it out!
Changes in 22.214.171.124
Ship & Fort tabs
- Added code to the label for Bridge that tells you how many APs the bridge is generating, and how many squadrons or directly commanded ships it can command.
- Made assorted fixes in cell references in the top four rows. Never copy and paste something from the Ship tabs to the Fort tabs. Only sadless results.
- Adjusted the dropdowns for equipment quantities so that their validation looks like this:
Fort XML tab
- Fixed an error in cell M1087 and others: Changed the name of the lookup range to "Forts_Name_Table" from "Ships_Name_Table."
Ship & Torpedo Tabs
- Removed data pulls for torpedo toughness and armor, missile armor, beam range, and torpedo and missile warheads from the ship and fortress tabs.
Weapon Traits Tab
- Changed "Inherits Speed" to "Inertialess Launch." Inertialess launch means the torpedo doesn't inherit any speed from the launching unit.
- Deleted "Shield Leaks" and "Armor Leaks" traits, as they've never worked in a way that's fun. I recommend any existing designs using them switch over to Ignores Shields and Ignores Armor.
- After seeing several people make torpedoes with more thrust than they need, I changed the way torpedo range is shown: The range is now Thrust times 1 for the first bracket, thrust times 3 for the second, thrust times 6 for the third, thrust times 10 for the fourth, thrust times 15 for the fifth, thrust times 21 for the sixth and thrust times 28 for the seventh. This WILL dramatically alter the costs of torpedoes, because the formula now actually matches the distance they travel - there will almost certainly be another note added to these release notes about changing the torpedo divisor.
- Added a toggle that puts the correct distance traveled when using Mode 0 torpedoes.
- Changed the dropdowns for maximum torpedo thrust so that thrust 4-9 is available for Mode 1 and 2, and thrust 6-12 is available for Mode 0.
- Changed the dropdowns for maximum torpedo endurance so that Mode 1-2 are limited to 1-4 turns of endurance, and mode 0 can go to 7
- Altered the concatenator that feeds into the weapon tables so that the labels list speed, velocity or distance for mode 1, 2 and 0 respectively, and just show the right number (speed, velocity or distance) based on thrust, movement mode and endurance.
- Changed the formula that determines the final cost multiplier of a torpedo, since fewer fudge factors are needed - we're getting the actual distance the torpedo travels as part of its price calculation.
- Navy Tab
Added data pulls for your faction's defense levels, along with beam range, torpedo toughness and armor, missile armor, tech level and fighter armor and sheilds - stuff that's defined before ship construction
- Removed data pulls for torpedo toughness and armor, beam range, missile armor, and torpedo and missile warheads from the "ship defenses block"
- Added data pulls for Weapon Parameters and rearranged a few spots on the tab.
- Got rid of over 30 unused named ranges and tables. Still hunting more.
- Made a parallel table for shield regenerators called EquipmentDataTableFort to feed into the context sensitive quantity dropdowns. This completes the last bit of fudging (I think) needed to make fortresses work.
HACS Viewer Tab
- Deleted this tab, as I wasn't going to be using the information from it in the way it was intended, and it's easier to start the Fleet Strike card process another way.
Changes in 126.96.36.199
- Generated values for the maximum campaign levels used for deflectors, ablative shields, armor and component armor. This gets used for setting the multiplier for 2xHits Shields, Halves Armor, Ignores Deflection and Ignores Component Armor.
- Fixed a bunch of formula errors that take the campaign levels of defenses and generate averages from them in cells
- Set the "Max Beam Weapon Range" dropdowns to 7, 15, 23, 31 and 35 so that the breaks match the actual widening of the arcs on the hex map. This also caused changes on range-specific weapon traits.
- Altered the Space Control RDP pricing formula on the campaign tab to account for the change on the Parameters tab.
Weapon Trait Tab
- Altered the cost of the multipliers on 2xHits Shields, Halves Armor and Ignores Deflection traits so that they went up as the campaign maximums recorded on the campaign tab increased. Changed the RDP cost divisor from 3 to 2 to make them a bit more expensive. It should no longer be the "complete no-brainer" to take them.
- Changed the ranges on Interceptor r6 and r9 to r7 and r11
- Changed the ranges on Overloads from r6 and r9 to r7 and r11.
Ships XML Tab
- Added four more ships to the dropdowns, so that you can generate a single SSD for an entire 19-ship fleet.
Forts XML Tab, Ships XML Tab, Ftr XML Tab, Wpn XML Tab
- Updated the weapon row headers to return the proper abbreviation for the RNG column, which changes to SPD on Mode 1 torpedoes, VEL for Mode 2 torpedoes, DIST for Mode 0 torpedoes, and RAD for Bubbles. The new tag in the XML is called "bracketName" and will require a new version of SSPDF to work.
- Changed cell D81 (discount missiles get for range) to 0.85
- Changed cell AA110 (the value subtracted from RoF to generate RoF costs to 0.35 from 0.2 - quite simply, nobody was taking RoF greater than 1, because the redundancy of having multiple weapons was a no-brainer
- Extended the CA_2_Drop dropdown by two more rows. Considering a clever trick on the ship tabs that will make the CA_2_Drop unnecesary.
- Doubled the numerical values of Space Control, so that it's a little more tempting to spend RDPs on and make a specialized fighter for.
Ship Tabs & Fortress Tabs
- Changed cell DC37 to =AVERAGE(DC34:DD36), which fixes a really baffling problem where items using the "Average" Defensive Increment were way too expensive. This also fixes a problem that shows up with Profile numbers when set to "Average" in the universe tab.
- Made some cosmetic changes to make updating these tabs a bit easier.
- Changed cell AN17 (and it's 13 cognates) to =IF(E5="Torpedo", AM17*E8+(E7+4),IF(E5="Missile",I6+4,0)) The change is the "+4" which used to be a "+3" - this is the assumed number of point defense points needed to guarantee a kill when generating missile spam numbers. It effectively assumes point defense is 70% effective against missiles with known Armor values rather than 68%.
- Made sure the concatenated weapon tables now show RNG, SPD, VEL, DIST or RAD for the header of the first column.
- Moved the weapon trait back end stuff to a less cluttered place, and did some cosmetic rearrangement of things.
- Changed the size of boosters and retroboosters to make them more appealing to play.