- ideas RevolutionFounder, present
- ideas Vacuum ProductionDocumentarian, "Long Hair Revolution"
- Computing Devices Canada (part of Ceridian group)Senior Software Engineer, 1996 - 2001
- MacDonald, Dettwiler and AssociatesSoftware Engineer, 1991 - 1996
- Kempton @ ideas Revolution (current)
For the ten years from 1991 - 2001, Kempton was involved in two of the largest safety & mission critical software projects in Canada: Canadian Automated Air Traffic System for Transport Canada, and then Iris Digital Communications System for the Canadian Department of National Defence.
For the ten years from 2001 - 2011, Kempton recharged his battery by getting an MBA, made a nationally archived feature-length documentary, and has been taking different paths in trying to be good in things that interested him.
- University of CalgaryMBA, Business Administration, 2001 - 2003
- Northern Alberta Institute of TechnologyProducer Emergence Program Certificate, TV & Film Production, 2006 - 2006
- University of TorontoB.Sc., Specialist Program in Computer Science for Data Management, 1987 - 1991
In fact, this coming Saturday, I will be having dim sum with my wife and her friend's HK high school teachers (two of them and their families) to catch up! And we do this few times a year. They are their revered teachers. To me, I treat the teachers well as I treat any elderly friends in a friendly manner.
My wife and my sister both attended HK schools (secondary and primary) that are 100+ years old (and those schools shall remain unnamed here :) ). So I know somewhat how this feel.
Bottom line is I see the positives and yet I cannot ignore the systemic negatives. And very good to see your sons don't care. May be there is hope. Now, they or some of their peers can get into the news media and stop them from reporting/caring. Or better yet, become teachers and get into schools to make all schools better.
So far, printing/broadcast news mentioning these brand name schools still help sell stuff and they will keep happening like a bad version of Groundhog Day where no one actually learn anything. :)
“China has been loosening its tight grip on the management of the yuan for a while, but now the PBOC is going to come under immense pressure to be more transparent and improve its way of communicating with international markets. This requires massive cultural and procedural changes. Also, China will have to loosen its grip on the management of its currency and introduce a bunch of financial reforms.”//
Read HM's #CHOGM2015 Dinner toast http://bit.ly/1NT5fHw " https://twitter.com/BritishMonarchy/status/670345481550196737 Justin's reply: "On the contrary, you are forever young. I was honoured to toast your lifetime of service tonight." https://twitter.com/JustinTrudeau/status/670377158460731392