- Principal Financial GroupCustomer Experience Assistant Director - Latin America, 2014 - presentResponsible for supporting growth in Latin America by developing technology platforms and strategies that reinforce a consistent customer experience. With a strong focus on encouraging asset retention, increased sales and customer profitability, as well as implementing best practices. Working with business and project teams in: • Santiago, Chile • Monterrey, México • São Paulo, Brazil
- Principal Financial GroupSenior UI/UX Designer, 2011 - 2014Digital customer experience professional with 15 years of experience in delivering valuable strategies, campaigns and designs to businesses. Proven success through managing project teams and business/client expectations to meet deadlines, budgets and customer needs.
- Two Rivers MarketingUser Experience Designer/Strategist, 2000 - 2011
- Iowa State UniversityJournalism, 2000
- Iowa State UniversitySpanish, 2000
Customer obsession versus organization obsession | Gerry McGovern
Customer obsession is the secret to success in a digital economy. Such a relentless focus on the customer requires a tremendous cultural shi
What is the job of the web content professional? | Gerry McGovern
Web content professionals must think about the findability and usability of their content, as it is no longer enough to think about how to c
The age of disloyalty and transparency | Gerry McGovern
The very nature of digital and the Web leads to transparency. Digital makes it hard to keep secrets, makes it hard to hide. We should embrac
Testing is not an issue of not enough money or time | Gerry McGovern
The key to digital transformation involves organizing around the customer. To do that you must continuously test with the customer. “We don'
Digital transformation is not business as usual | Gerry McGovern
You can't have successful digital transformation without transforming management practices and culture. Digital transformation has already h
Does digital make us more conservative? | Gerry McGovern
Coinciding with the rise of digital is the decline of trust in strangers, and the shrinking of the middle ground in politics. Digital echo c
The hamburger menu and the zombie apocalypse | Gerry McGovern
Print is dead but its zombies have come back to ruin our lives with hamburger menus: grey, meaningless text and huge, meaningless images. Op
Unify organizational silos to maximize value | Gerry McGovern
Silo-based organizational models are for a much simpler world. They become a hindrance in the complex world we live in. “There's no coordina
What customer experience excellence looks like | Gerry McGovern
Customer experience is 10% technology and 90% culture. During the summer I had the pleasure of hearing Matt Haughey speak at An Event Apart.
Digital transformation will not provide competitive advantage | Gerry Mc...
“Only 5% of organizations feel that digital gives them a point of differentiation over their competitors,” according to an Accenture study p
Free Round PowerPoint Diagram - Free PowerPoint Templates - SlideHunter.com
Free Round PowerPoint Diagram is a free PPT template with a nice rounded diagram that you can free download and use in your Microsoft PowerP
Customer satisfaction is not a good indicator of customer behavior | Ger...
For years we've noticed a huge disparity between customer satisfaction figures and task completion rates. We gave a participant 10 tasks to
Digital design gives control to the customer | Gerry McGovern
Historically, designers have been used to controlling the design because the design was physical and fixed. Web design is fluid, flexible an
Dictatorship of the customer and the paradox of complexity | Gerry McGovern
Do happy staff make for happy customers or do increasingly demanding customers result in a stressful work environment? Complexity is both a
Design minimally viable interactions | Gerry McGovern
The most elegant interaction is so minimal it is almost invisible. I heard Derek Featherstone give a very insightful presentation at An Even