"the files painted a detailed portrait of virtually all of America’s roughly 200 million voters — revealing their names, addresses, birth dates and phone numbers. The information was being stored by Amazon Web Services"
What will the Reps say about this?
15 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- I'm sure I don't understand the complexities...but if my simple mind is correct, I wouldn't feel too secure if I were an American voter!43w
- Oh, I'm sure there's another database on Canadians ;)
Seriously, by law, if they have data on me, I should be able to know exactly what data they have on me. We can not stop computers/technology. All we can do is shine a bright light on its use and establish acceptable use by law and custom.43w
- No doubt there's a database or more of Canadians - there are far fewer of us to keep track of, especially for provincial or municipal reasons. However I still hope this info is not leaked...
A chuckle for you - my elderly dad, who is still very opinionated about politicians, their ethics and actions, has always been keenly aware of too many people calling to poll his leanings and view, takes gleeful delight in intentionally making sure the info every group surveys is incorrect, does not get tossed out because it's too extreme and is consistent (if the same group polls repeatedly). He is opinionated but he prizes his privacy and makes it to the voting booth (at every level) the first day early voting begins despite his severe mobility problems.43w
- I agree with you - we ought to know what information is being kept about us!43w
- Your dad sounds awesome.43w
- He is. He has his foibles but he's a cool dad.43w
Add a comment...