455 have her in circles
Works at Getajobtips.com
Attended University of Missouri–Columbia
Lives in St. Louis, Mo.
455 have her in circles
Communications Director | Social Media Director
LinkedIn training and profile transformation, corporate, career and internal communications, social media, blogging
- Getajobtips.comCommunications Director | Social Media Director, 9 - present► Direct/author Getajobtips.com site -- 264,200+ page views and counting ► Write frequent blog posts and post articles to a content management system ► Serve as media contact/expert on all aspects of the job search ► Lead webinars on www.ilostmyjob.com and serve as Career Doctor there ► Create or revamp LinkedIn profiles to dramatically improve results ► Develop and revamp resumes and cover letters to make them POWERFUL ► Expert LinkedIn Boot Camp instructor/trainer (in person, by phone or Skype) ► Prepare/present workshops on LinkedIn and all aspects of the job search ► Lead "Recruiting on LinkedIn" and "Selling on LinkedIn" workshops / webinars ► Career coach job applicants (in person, by phone or Skype) ► Maximize social media (LinkedIn, Google+, Twitter, Facebook, etc.) ► Direct corporate communications, marketing and advertising ► Manage all public relations and media relations ► Create breakthrough LinkedIn Company Pages for organizations
- NAEDACommunications Director, 9 - 9► Directed corporate communications for major association serving agricultural and construction equipment dealers in the United States and Canada ► Handled extensive agricultural advocacy communications and public relations ► Served as managing editor of Equipment Dealer magazine ► Sold advertising to manufacturers and their ad agencies ► Wrote/produced NAEDA Update e-newsletter ► Oversaw annual Buyer's Guide; initiated ad packages to increase sales by 42% ► Revamped NAEDA's web site; oversaw efforts to dramatically build web traffic ► Led public relations, media relations and social media efforts (750+ Twitter following) ► Built magazine, web and e-newsletter ad sales through marketing materials and database improvements
- Brown Shoe CompanyInternal Communications, 7 - 8► Managed internal communications to Brown Shoe's corporate/field associates ► Oversaw implementation of associate brand as well as communications aspects of company's intranet and email systems ► Collaborated extensively with executives and internal departments. ► Handled internal communications messaging for executives ► Produced major corporate events and presentations ► Supported investor relations communications and board meeting efforts ► Planned and implemented large-scale signage effort across corporate headquarters
- LHMDirector of Corporate Communications and Donor Relations, 7 - 4► Directed all corporate communications for a major global nonprofit ► Led LHM’s dramatic branding transformation from 50 disparate sites and thousands of unmatched materials to one consistent brand ► Oversaw e-news efforts, including an e-mail distribution list that grew by 2,000% to 50,000 people ► Led executive speech writing, public relations, media relations, and web communications ► Managed a 2,500 member volunteer program ► Participated in capital campaigns, appeals, planned giving, and special events ► Also served as Marketing Coordinator for LHM from 1992 to 1995 writing marketing plans and communications and creating/designing collateral materials for 14 U.S. programs and 33 world offices. ► Served the On Main Street TV program as audience wrangler, set designer and wardrobe manager.
- Enterprise Rent-A-CarManager of Employee Communications, 11 - 6► Oversaw employee communications for the world's largest rental car company ► Strategized with executives to relay key corporate initiatives to employees ► Managed six corporate publications, from strategic planning to implementation ► Served as editor-in-chief of the award-winning Free Enterprise magazine ► Wrote executive speeches and prepared presentations ► Managed writers and designers and also wrote and designed publications ► Oversaw department Internet/intranet efforts ► Directed monthly general assemblies for 2,000 corporate employees ► Handled negotiations and managed a $500,000 budget
- CBS Radio NetworkDirector of Advertising, Marketing and Promotion, 1995 - 1997► Directed advertising, marketing and promotion for a 100,000-watt FM station ► Conceived and coordinated TV, telemarketing and direct mail campaigns ► Controlled a $750,000 annual budget ► Managed and promoted up to 150 station events annually ► Handled contract negotiations, publicity and on-site efforts for major concerts ► Conceived/coordinated all stations public relations / media relations efforts ► Managed eight remote coordinators including hirings and terminations ► Formed station band and fostered creation of musical revue ► Worked with prominent charitable organizations to build donations/ad revenue
St. Louis, Mo.
- University of Missouri–Columbia1982