4 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- People have been asking Dell for gnu/linux and software freedom since 2007. Mostly they have been given Free Dos instead, which no one asked for. Dell did put out the mini, which came with crap networking and video cards. Now we see a $1,500 laptop. Color me unimpressed.
http://www.linlap.com/dell_inspiron_mini_9Nov 29, 2012
- TOO EXPENSIVE! And worst: I heard US$ 50 over the same with windows???????!!!!!Nov 30, 2012
- I saw that headline too, but I believe the Windows model has half the RAM (4GB instead of 8 in this one). FWIW...Nov 30, 2012
- Ahhhhhhhhh, that's another story, then,. Thanks (sharp as usual).
Nevertheless, Dell is too expensive and breaks too much times. I'll chose a Sony out of quality, if I have the $$ and the will to buy a "branded and famous" machine.Nov 30, 2012
- Yeah, and what about outside the US..... we should have the option too.Nov 30, 2012
- I kind of know,. My wife has a very slow Vaio Dual core with :-P W-Vista... Anyway, Sony USED to be better than Dell and the price less unfair.
But I guess nowadays everything is made in the far east, in sweat shops (may God have mercy on us) and the best brand and the worst are too close to each other in terms of reliability and durability. It's sad.
What to say about Toshiba! :-O
What about Lenovo?
My netbook is Gateway, by the way. Quite nice. But it's all own by Acer, now, right? Aver is not that good either... I got one years ago, and have used some friends' too.
They say, today Apple has the best hardware (they still care!). So let's buy one, format it, and instal *buntu :-DNov 30, 2012
Add a comment...