Here's a list of some kick ass things Rand Paul has done.
1. His 13-hour filibuster. Driven by unanswered questions about the legality of using drone strikes inside the United States, Paul filibustered the nomination of John Brennan as director of the Central Intelligence Agency on March 6.
2. Paul filed a lawsuit against President Barack Obama and the National Security Agency in February 2014, arguing that a program to collect metadata from vast swaths of Americans was an intrusion of privacy.
3. As a member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, he pressed U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton for details about the Sept. 11, 2012, attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, and the death of four Americans.
4. He held a "listening session" with local leaders in Ferguson, Mo., in October 2014 in the wake of civil unrest there. Paul has said he thinks the underlying problem in Ferguson and elsewhere is a criminal justice system that unfairly targets minorities.
5. In Detroit in December 2013, Paul described his idea for the "Economic Freedom Zone Act of 2013," which would reduce taxes in any ZIP code with unemployment greater than 11/2 times the national average.
6. Paul traveled to Guatemala on a mission trip to do free eye surgeries.
7. He filed a resolution that declared a state of war exists between the Islamic State and the United States.
8. Paul has pushed for criminal justice reform. In February 2014, he appeared before a committee at the Kentucky Senate to argue for restoration of voting rights for nonviolent Kentucky felons, and in February this year filed a bill that would restore federal voting rights. He filed a criminal justice reform bill last month.
9. He spoke on the campus of the University of California, Berkeley, about protecting Fourth Amendment rights.
10. In April 2014, he filed a bill that would halt U.S. aid to the Palestinian government until it agrees to a cease-fire and recognizes the right of Israel to exist.
thank you God for food to eat, clothes to wear, a home that keeps the wind and rain out, comfy seating, a laptop and wifi, social media with all the friendships it brings, friends both online and offline, beautiful sunsets and rainbows and flowers, cute animals, cuddly toys, books to read, skills and abilities you've given me so I can sometimes do stuff that others find helpful, and...
oh, thank you for giving me life, and keeping my heart beating and my lungs doing this thing that means I can get oxygen and stay alive.
and thank you for giving me a good, loving husband.
but most of all, thank you for the atoning sacrifice of Jesus for all my sins. for new life through faith in him. for the full assurance of eternal life with you, though I didn't deserve it. for knowing your love for me, for being able to talk to you and call you Daddy and know that you will always always always listen. thank you for your grace and mercy, your kindness and your amazing patience. for loving me long before I knew you. I could go on...
Looking forward to December and 2016 when I hope things will be flowing better.
I am grateful to not be ill or kidnapped and other crazy things.
Second - I have to admit, the lyrics on the original song are really very 'stream of consciousness' - more like 'speak certain culturally-charged words to evoke an image' than 'paint a word picture', which is okay for some, but kinda leaves me a little cold.
However, I have to say the parody - Dark Lord Funk is a work of nigh-genius in my book.
that is all, dance on.
My story is not exciting, it’s not impressive, it’s not astounding or captivating… it’s generally boring. But it’s my adventure… at least the beginning of the beginning. As told by me.
Cast of Characters:
God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit above all. Without Him there is no story.
Neko, Trey, Daisy and Cheetos. The cats. They add love and annoyance to my days. And cat pictures to my stream.
Tryst, PT Cruiser, and Free, cruiser bicycle. Transportation. And I talk to them and about them often. Yes, I do.
Quintus, Nexus 5. Companion and chronicler.
Potential plot points:
Reading, hiking, kayaking, geocaching, walking, running, cycling, traveling, gardening, cooking.
Inspiration may be derived from Doctor Who, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Firefly, Sherlock, Disney, Dick Van Dyke Show, Bewitched, Gilmore Girls, Castle and Ted Dekker.
Pictures of buildings, Free, stickers, ducks, cats, rubber duckies, trees, clouds, squirrels, Tryst, my breakfast/lunch/dinner and anything else that strikes my fancy.
Settings:Downtown Jacksonville, parks, preserves, libraries, Jacksonville Jaguars games, rivers, beaches, woods (lots of woods), lakes/retention ponds, +Acts2 Church
- Gilead Christian Academy
- Meredith College
- St Cloud Technical College
Runtastic Running PRO - Android Apps on Google Play
Take your fitness to a new level with Runtastic PRO: The best running, fitness & tracking app on Android! Runtastic PRO uses GPS to map and
Cast of Stones, A (The Staff and the Sword Book #1)
An Epic Medieval Saga Fantasy Readers Will Love In the backwater village of Callowford, Errol Stone's search for a drink is interrupted by
The 2013 Battle of Yorktown -- restaurant owner defies feds
Glenn Helseth has officially joined the ranks of Americans who have decided to defy the strong-arm tactics of the National Park Service duri
25 Things Every New, Middle & Graduating Parent and their Grad Needs...
Look... you get what we all get -- a lifetime. Just you or none of us ever get to know how long that will turn out to be. So get to it. Beca