I interviewed - Digital Strategist, Author and Speaker based in Zürich - on the state of social media inside large enterprises in the Swiss market.
Since the early 2000s the use of social media in Switzerland has changed substantially. "At the beginning a significant part of my work was focused on proving that those technologies were business relevant. Over the last two years however, I have seen social media increasingly becoming a part of the mainstream business environment. Companies understand that they need to use it as part of their business communications because this is the way their key stakeholders want to interact."
Yet, Lardi believes that the strategic element is not there yet. "Most organisations that I have had experience with use those channels mostly for Marketing and PR, whereas I see their potential across the entire business value chain."
I want my own channel
Another growing trend that Lardi has seen since the end of the last year pertains to the companies that are more mature in social media use, "the enterprises with large Facebook or Twitter communities, for example."
She notes that those businesses are now developing their own channels. "Instead of relying on third party platforms they want to have the community posting on their own environment."
This applies both internally and externally. "I have been seeing many companies building customised employee applications as well as trying out new ways to channel customers' interactions within the corporate domain."
- Lardi & Partner Consulting GmbHManaging Partner, 2012 - presentLardi & Partner provides expert services for local and international businesses. Our experienced professionals, combined with proven methodologies, allow us to provide the expert advice tailored to your organizational needs. We help companies gain a competitive edge through: - Competitive Strategy - Social Media & Collaborative Strategy - Executive Decision Dashboard - Operating Model & Process Design
- Deloitte ConsultingManager, Head of Social Media & Collaboration, 2007 - 2011Leads Social Media Strategy & Delivery, Web 2.0, Collaboration Strategy, Social Media Analytics and Sentiment Analysis Specializes in Strategy and Operating Model design, Enterprise Cost Reduction, Process Design & Re-engineering
- Zurich Financial ServicesSwiss Strategy team, 2005 - 2007Developed corporate strategic planning process. Designed and implemented the Management Cockpit for the Swiss Executive Board. Quality assessed internal business processes and projects, as well as developed improvement initatives. Strong experience with the Theory of Contraints and Balance Scorecard methodologies.
- AccentureConsultant, 2000 - 2003Management Consultancy focused on business process design and re-engineering.
Kamales Lardi of Lardi & Partner Consulting is a management consultant with extensive experience in various industries. Based on her work with clients, she analysed the pre-requisites for social business success and developed the Social Media Strategy Framework. The framework is presented in her new book “Social Media Strategy – a step-by-step guide to building your social business” authored in collaboration with the Zurich University of Applied Sciences (ZHAW). Kamales consults with well-known European companies and is a lecturer at ZHAW School of Management and Law.
- Harvard Business SchoolStrategy & Competitive Advantage, 2007 - 2007
- Durham University Business SchoolMBA, 2003 - 2004
- University of Lincolnshire & HumbersideB.Sc (Hons.), Computing & Information System, 1996 - 1999