>>::||Major Stuff Up #MadeByGoogle||::<<
"Heads Will Roll" - Yeah Yeah Yeahs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auzfTPp4moA
I'm not impressed +Google Australia
. Not impressed at all.
Okay here's my timeline.
- Stayed up all night on the 4th to watch the 3am announcement for the Pixel and accompanying devices.
- Ordered the phone at 4ishAM, on the 5th of October 2016.
Ordered the 32GB Really Black Pixel XL.
extra for faster shipping
I did this as I'm leaving for the Asia Pacific Top Contributors and Rising Stars Summit, which is happening in Singapore at Google Singapore, on the 29th of October 2016.
- Patiently wait until the 20th checking every day or so leading up to the 20th for a status change on my phone.
- Order is still pending on the 21st of October 2016.
At about 3ish PM I email Order Support to enquire why.
Magically the order changes 3mins later from Pending to Ready for Shipping. 5mins later I'm given a tracking number after a number of refreshes. And marked as shipped.
- Order apparently leaves Hong Kong on the 21st and Arrives on the 21st. I expect it to arrive on Monday.
- No change in status of the order, still marked as shipped. I ring Toll on Monday the 24th of October 2016. Package has arrived in Melbourne, and is being held in customs due to the $1k taxfree threshold being surpassed by the device. Got told I'll have to fill in custom forms, and pay taxes before the device is released. Was ask to call a different number in regards to this.
Called the second Toll number was told the device should be in Melbourne for delivery, but is being held by customs.
Was told I was going to get a call back, but the devices was going to be delivered today on the 24th. And that I could get it redirected to my home rather than to my work which is where I requested delivery.
No call backs from Toll.
Got on to Online chat for Google support.
Told her what I was told by Toll.
I was told that she would speak to a Shipping specialist and I would get a return email on the status of my order.
No email as yet has been delivered.
- On the 25th of October I still held hope that the promised delivery window of the 26th would be fulfilled.
No change up until 12:50 Australian time where it finally changed on the status as "arrived hub." Image below.
So either I was lied to about it arriving on Friday the 21st, or something else weird is going on.
- Midnight 26th of October. I got on to Online chat support for the order support.
Spoke to Daniel. He heard my timeline up until then, and said he would speak to a shipping specialist, apparently after speaking to the shipping specialist, my case was bumped up to tier4 support, and I would receive an email back with more details soon, to date, no email has been sent so far at the time of this post.
Rang Toll this morning for any updates they can give me, about it being delivered today as per the promised delivery window.
I was told the device was held up in Hong Kong as it was a few grams weight difference. Due to the discrepancy it was held in Hong Kong until the 25th and Arrived in Melbourne also on the 25th.
I asked for call back from the lady I spoke to intially at Toll on Monday who was going to give me a call back.
She called back during the day. Told me that Google had organised to clear the customs, but when that was going to happen is unknown, and under no circumstances would it be delivered today the 26th of October 2016. After it has cleared customs it can take 24-48hrs to leave customs to be delivered.
- Today is the 27th of October. It is 15:03hrs+10GMT, DST.
I still have no Google Pixel XL in my posession. All I want is my phone +Sundar Pichai
! A shiny new phone.
The promise date was the 26th of October when I Pre-Ordered the phone at 4am on the 5th of October +10GMT DST.
Go online and organised a call back support from Google. Spoke to Philip at Google support. He was sympathetic to my concerns about delivery, and was concerned that I had paid for premium shipping, but a yet had not received my device.
He said he was going to talk to level two shipping specialist and Toll themselves.
Got a call back, but he told me the exact same thing that Toll told me.
24-48hrs after clearance of customs which until 5pm had no changed as stated in the image below.
And all that could be done is that if after 48hrs I had not received my device. Philip would call me back, and he would organise a full refund.
Which is insulting IMO, as refunds take 2 weeks minimum.
As stated earlier I am heading off to Singapore on Saturday, to attend a Google summit for their support volunteers.
At this point I have no hope of receiving my device before end of business on the 28th of October 2016.
I am very disappointed in this process.
I pre-ordered my device with the expectation that it would arrive on the day of the release of the device.
I paid for premium shipping to guarantee this delivery. Or at least to receive on time.
None of it has happened.
IMO this is a major stuff up #MadeByGoogle
and whoever is in charge of logistics. The issue with Customs should have been anticipated.