- Professional Poker Player, 2014 - presentI play and study No Limit Texas Hold 'Em. I sustain consistent, significant earnings over large volumes of play typically spanning 40 hours of play per week. Following one year of success in online games, I transitioned to in-person casino play.
- Semi-professional poker player, 2013 - presentI play and study online and casino No Limit Texas Hold 'Em to supplement income earned from my day job. I sustain consistent, significant earnings over large volumes of play typically spanning 20-30 hours of activity per week.
- The Arc of Luzerne CountyProgram Assistant, 2012 - 2014I worked as a teacher's assistant and job coach alongside adult students who have intellectual and developmental disabilities in the Transition to Community Employment program hosted by The Arc of Luzerne County. Work consisted of classroom instruction and supervision and a community-based job apprenticeship site.
- Examiner.comScranton Atheism Examiner, 2011 - 2012
Justin Vacula -- writer for justinvacula.com -- is a professional poker player; activist for separation of religion and government who serves as co-organizer and spokesperson for the NEPA Freethought Society; skeptic; outspoken atheist; debater; and public speaker.
He has appeared on and hosted various radio shows and podcasts; participated in formal debates and discussions; was a guest speaker for college-level courses; featured in local, national, and international news; and has been invited to speak at various national, local, and statewide events.
Vacula received bachelor's degrees in Philosophy and Psychology, a minor in Professional Writing, and the distinguished W.A. Kilburn Memorial Award for Philosophy from King's College in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania. He is currently enrolled in Marywood University's graduate-level Mental Health Counseling program and formerly worked for the Arc of Luzerne County's Transition to Community Employment program as a teacher's assistant and job coach alongside adult learners with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Marywood UniversityMental Health Counseling, 2012 - present
- King's College, PennsylvaniaPhilosophy, 2007 - 2011
- King's College, PennsylvaniaPsychology, 2007 - 2011
- King's College, PennsylvaniaProfessional Writing, 2007 - 2011