...to my place...with some Patxi's cuz I'm hungry.
To me, calling for Bieber's deportation is two things:
1) Entertaining. For me, it's more about watching the teen girls react and get ridiculously emotional about it. And this has always been a source of entertainment. Look at how teen girls reacted to The Beatles when they came stateside. It's ridiculous, and really amusing.
Honestly, It's no different than telling young boys that their preferred console sucks and then watching them all shout about it. I don't give a fuck what a bunch of teenagers think about an Xbox or PlayStation; I know what I like. But it sure is entertaining watching them yell at each other about it for no reason.
2) It's "affluenza". Look, if the Beibs were Mexican and poor and got into the same trouble he would've had his ass on a bus back home a long time ago... but he isn't. He's white, and rich, and Canadian, so he gets to participate in this extra-legal system where "Hey, I'm too busy to go to court. Can I be a little prick via video conference instead?" It's just bullshit. I know he's not the only rich white guy getting special treatment, but some days it's just nice to see the legal system applied fairly and universally. I think that's why sending his ass back to the frozen tundra is so appealing for so many.
Just my thoughts. I agree with the sentiment: it's very stupid. But that's okay! Sometimes we need "very stupid" to distract us from what the rest of the world is... very fucked.
- MediumContributor, 2013 - presentSometimes I write articles about mental health, politics, and video games. Usually not all at once. They don't pay me or anything, I just got tired of telling people I was unemployed.
- CREST Technologies, Inc.Apple Systems Engineer, 2013 - 2013
- VF CorporationApple Systems Engineer, 2012 - 2013
- TimberlandIT Global Support Technician, 2009 - 2012
- playerFIVE.comEditor-in-Chief, 2007 - 2012
- OneMoreGame.TVWeb Producer, 2011 - 2012
- Geek SquadSpecial Agent, 2005 - 2010
- Berklee College of MusicSongwriting, 2013 - present
- Future Media ConceptsApple IT Professional, 2010 - 2011
- Marshwood High School2000 - 2004
Google Updates Gmail on Desktop and Mobile With Redesigned Inbox
Google today announced a brand new inbox on desktop and mobile that offers improved filtering in the form of a tabbed layout, which supports
Schemer - the beginning of everything worth doing.
Ever wonder what to do? Schemer can help. Whether it’s exploring a new city, checking out a friend’s movie recommendation, or just finding n
Who should win a Webby for Websites / Games-Related? Vote now.
Vote with me! – April 9th – 25th.
Michael Bay Hates Your Childhood, Says His Ninja Turtles Are No Longer "...
Bay's producing a new TMNT film which will now simply be called "Ninja Turtles." ...yay?
Gaming's Most Hardcore Dubstep Videos - Games Feature at IGN
Gamers have achieved a new level of badass-ery by adding dubstep to gameplay videos.
Fiesta Social Enters Open Beta On Facebook - PC News at IGN
IGN readers that participate get a potion on the house.
Midgar Mesmerizes in Minecraft - PC Feature at IGN
Who knew a blocky version of Final Fantasy VII's most recognizable town could be this impressive?
An Interview With Marcus Graham AKA djWHEAT - Technorati Gaming
Veteran commentator, event host and producer, djWHEAT tells the community his strong opinions on eSports matters... as he always does.