My stance: I can't/don't want to use it. Teens shouldn't use it. But if adults really want it, we should legalize, regulate and tax it, just as we do with alcohol.
Well, the authors actually KINDA believe it. Note the disclaimer at the bottom.
This piece is our annual April Fool's article. Some of the details herein are true, however, and the article could be suggestive of what we might face in the near future, should we fail to take corrective action to protect and preserve vaccine exemptions, informed consent, and medical freedom of choice. (italics added)
- Don't be an asshole. Treat everyone with love as an equal.
- The day starts with your smile every morning when you get up, wear it first.
- Help others when you can. Not for money, but because it's needed.
- Treat your body as a temple. Do not poison it with poor quality foods and sodas.
- Do not take advantage of people. Do not intentionally hurt anything.
- Never start a fight ... only finish them.
- Grow food, raise animals, get nature into your daily routine.
- Do not be a "troll" on the internet, respect others without name calling and being vulgarly aggressive.
- Spend at least 10 minutes a day just contemplating life in a quiet space.
- When you see a bully... stop them by any means possible. Protect those who cannot protect themselves.
- Laugh often, share humor. Have fun in life, be positive.
- Cannabis, "the Healing Plant" is our sacrament. It brings us closer to ourselves and others. It is our fountain of health, our love, curing us from illness and depression. We embrace it with our whole heart and spirit, individually and as a group.
(To be clear - Cannabis isn't my thing. I'm ADD and I think it exaggerates the parts of me that make my life more difficult. And I encourage my children, who have many of my same attributes, to avoid it. But there are people who can handle it, and it makes their life better. So live and let live. )
- Case Western Reserve University1992 - 1994
- Kent State University1987
- Antioch College
- Cleveland Heights High School1981
- Lincoln ElectricComputer Security, present
Lincoln Electric Company Cleveland, OH
Science Is Essentially Human; Or Why Better STEM Education Isn't A Threat
In the short bio that serves as a tagline here, I promise to write not only about physics, but science and academia as well. Fareed Zakaria
Daily Cartoon: Monday, February 2nd - The New Yorker
“If you connect the measles it spells out ‘My parents are idiots.’ ”
SoccerAmerica - USA-Portugal shatters all soccer viewing records 06/23/2014
[SOCCER ON THE AIR] Sunday's USA-Portugal game was watched by 18.2 million viewers on ESPN, ...
SoccerAmerica - Almost 16 million viewers watched USA-Ghana 06/18/2014
[SOCCER ON THE AIR] Univision averaged 4.8 million viewers for its coverage of the USA-Ghana ...
Red or Blue, I'm Usually The Only Woman On The Team -- Dark Reading
Women are still few and far between in the cybersecurity field
2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™ - Final Draw - FIFA.com
2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™ - Final Draw
Non Sequitur by Wiley Miller, November 25, 2013 Via @GoComics
One of the many great comics you can read for free at GoComics.com! Follow us for giveaways & giggles.
Storming the Ivory Tower: The Visual Intelligence of Pacific Rim
I want to talk about Pacific Rim, and why it is not, as I've seen a frustrating number of commentators claim, a "dumb" movie, or a movie tha
Neil deGrasse Tyson Lists 8 (Free) Books Every Intelligent Person Should...
A Reddit.com user posed the question to Neil deGrasse Tyson:
Schneier on Security: Government Secrets and the Need for Whistle-blowers
Schneier on Security. A blog covering security and security technology. « Friday Squid Blogging: Squid Comic | Main. June 10, 2013. Governme