Profile cover photo
Profile photo
Julius Manuel
145 followers -
Bloging at http://juliusmanuelk.blogspot.in (www.planetof.info)
Bloging at http://juliusmanuelk.blogspot.in (www.planetof.info)

145 followers
About
Julius's posts

Post has attachment

Post has attachment
വന്യതയിലേക്ക് ! .....

"I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODBYE AND MAY GOD BLESS ALL!"

Christopher Johnson McCandless (February 12, 1968 – August 1992)
Final journal entry, August 12, 1992.

1996 ല്‍ പുറത്തിറങ്ങിയ Into the Wild എന്ന പുസ്ടകത്തിലെയും (January 1993, Jon Krakauer ) , 2001 ല്‍ അതേ പേരില്‍ പുറത്തിറങ്ങിയ ഹോളിവുഡ് ചിത്രത്തിലെയും (a film by Sean Penn in 2007 with Emile Hirsch portraying McCandless) കഥക്ക് കാരണമായ റിയല്‍ ലൈഫ് കാരക്ടര്‍ . സാഹസികതയെ സ്നേഹിച്ചു ഏകാന്തതയെ കൂട്ടുകാരിയാക്കി ലോകം കാണാനിറങ്ങിയ ഈ സഹസികന്‍, Alexander Supertramp എന്ന തൂലികാ നാമത്തിലായിരുന്നു തന്റെ അനുഭവങ്ങള്‍ എഴുതിയിരുന്നത്. 1992 ഏപ്രില്‍ മാസത്തില്‍ അലാസ്കന്‍ വന്യതയിലേക്ക് ഏകനായി കയറിപ്പോയ McCandless ന്റെ ജഡം, നാല് മാസങ്ങള്‍ക്ക് ശേഷം Sushana നദിയുടെ കിഴക്കേ തീരത്ത് ആരോ ഉപേക്ഷിച്ചു പോയ ഒരു പഴയ നശിക്കാറായ ബസിലെ സ്ലീപ്പിങ്ങ് ബാഗിനുള്ളില്‍ കണ്ടെത്തുകയായിരുന്നു. മുകളിലെഴുതിയിരിക്കുന്നത് McCandless തന്റെ ജേര്‍ണലില്‍ കുറിച്ചിട്ട അവസാന വാക്കുകളാണ്.

തന്റെ പത്താമത്തെ വയസ്സില്‍ താന്‍, അച്ഛനു നിയമാനുസ്രതമായി ഉണ്ടായ കുട്ടിയല്ല എന്ന തിരിച്ചറിവാണ് McCandless ന്റെ ജീവിതത്തോടും സമൂഹത്തോടുമുള്ള കാഴച്ചപ്പാടുകള്‍ മാറ്റി മറിച്ചത്. 1990 ല്‍ സര്‍വകലാശാല വിദ്യാഭ്യാസം പൂര്‍ത്തിയാക്കിയ McCandless, പഠന ശേഷം തന്റെ കൈവശം ആകെ ഉണ്ടായിരുന്ന $25,000 ഡോളര്‍ ഒരു ചാരിറ്റബിള്‍ ട്രസ്റിന് സംഭാവന നല്‍കിയ ശേഷമാണ് ഏകനായി ലോകം കാണാനായി ഇറങ്ങുന്നത്. Arizona, California, South Dakota, Carthage തുടങ്ങിയ സ്ഥലങ്ങളിലൂടെ പല വേഷങ്ങളില്‍ പല ജോലികള്‍ ചെയ്ത് McCandless സഞ്ചരിച്ചുകൊണ്ടേയിരുന്നു. ഈ കാലങ്ങളിലോക്കെയും Alexander Supertramp എന്ന പേരില്‍ തന്റെ അനുഭവങ്ങള്‍ അദേഹം പ്രസിദ്ധീകരിച്ചിരുന്നു. അന്ന് മുതല്‍ ഏകാകിയായ ഈ സഞ്ചാരിയെ ആളുകള്‍ സ്നേഹിച്ചു തുടങ്ങി. മെക്സിക്കൊ വരെ നീണ്ട ആ യാത്രയില്‍ മരണത്തെ പല തവണ മുഖാമുഖം കാണേണ്ടി വന്നു. അങ്ങിനെ 1992 ഏപ്രില്‍ മാസത്തില്‍ തന്റെ അവസാന യാത്രയായ അലാസ്കന്‍ ജേര്‍ണിക്ക് തീരുമാനമെടുത്തു. നഗര ജീവിതം മടുത്തു കഴിഞ്ഞ McCandless, ഒരാള്‍ക്ക് ഒറ്റയ്ക്ക് ഈ പ്രകൃതിയില്‍ എങ്ങിനെ ജീവിക്കാം എന്ന് ലോകത്തെ കാണിച്ചു കൊടുക്കണമെന്നു തോന്നി. പക്ഷെ ഏകനായി വന്യതയില്‍ താമസിക്കുവാനുള്ള യാതൊരുവിധ തയ്യാറെടുപ്പുകളും കൂടാതെയാണ് അദേഹം യാത്ര തിരിച്ചത്. യാത്രക്കിടെ ലിഫ്റ്റ്‌ കൊടുത്ത Jim Gallien എന്ന ആളാണ്‌ McCandless ജീവനോടെ കണ്ട അവസാനത്തെ ആള്‍. ക്ലേശകരമായ യാത്രക്കൊടുവില്‍ Denali National Park ലെ മഞ്ഞു മൂടി കിടന്ന വിജനമായ ഒരു നദിയോരത്ത് പണ്ടാരോ ഉപേഷിച്ച് പോയ ഒരു പഴയ ബസില്‍ അഭയം പ്രാപിച്ചു. അവിടെ ഏകാന്തതയുടെ തടവറയില്‍ കിടന്നു McCandless ഇങ്ങനെ എഴുതി ...HAPPINESS ONLY REAL WHEN SHARED...

112 ദിവസം നീണ്ട ആ യാത്രക്കൊടുവില്‍ പട്ടിണി മൂലവും പോഷകങ്ങളുടെ അഭാവം മൂലവുമാണ് McCandless മരണപ്പെടുന്നത്. വേട്ടയാടിപ്പിടിച്ച മൃഗങ്ങളുടെ ഇറച്ചി ഉണക്കി സൂക്ഷിക്കുന്നതിലും അദേഹം പരാജയപ്പെട്ടു. മരണം അടുത്തി എന്നി തിരിച്ചറിഞ്ഞ നാള്‍ തന്റെ സ്ലീപ്പിങ്ങ് ബാഗിനുള്ളില്‍ കയറി , താന്‍ ഏറെ സ്നേഹിക്കുകയും എന്നാല്‍ തന്നെ തിരിച്ചറിയുകയും ചെയ്യാഞ്ഞ ഈ ലോകത്തോട്‌ McCandless വിട പറഞ്ഞു. പട്ടിണി മൂലം മരിക്കുമ്പോള്‍ അദേഹത്തിന് 30kg തൂക്കം മാത്രമേ ഉണ്ടായിരുന്നുള്ളൂ!

Into the Wild എന്ന ചിത്രം McCandless ന്റെ ജീവിതം അതേപടി പകര്‍ത്തിയിട്ടുണ്ട്. ചിത്രം അവസാനിക്കുമ്പോള്‍ നമ്മുടെ മനസ്സിലുണ്ടാകുന്ന വികാരമാണ് McCandless ഈ ലോകത്ത് അവശേഷിപ്പിച്ചു കടന്നു പോയ ഏക വസ്തു!!
അടിക്കുറിപ്പ് :. 2007 ല്‍ Ron Lamothe , The Call of the Wild എന്ന പേരില്‍ ഇതേ കുറിച്ച് ഒരു ഡോക്കുമെന്ട്ടറിയും നിര്‍മ്മിച്ചിട്ടുണ്ട് . McCandless ന് അവസാനം അഭയം നല്‍കിയ "Magic Bus" ( അദേഹം അങ്ങിനെ ആണ് വിളിച്ചിരുന്നത്‌ ) കിടക്കുന്ന സ്ഥലം ഇപ്പോള്‍ ഒരു പ്രധാന സന്ദര്‍ശക കേന്ദ്രമാണ് .

വാല്‍ക്കഷണം > താഴെകാണുന്നചിത്രം ഇതേആര്‍ട്ടിക്കിള്‍ പ്രസിദ്ധീകരിക്കാന്‍ മാതൃഭൂമിക്ക് കൊടുത്തപ്പോള്‍ , അവര്‍ "വെട്ടിചുരുക്കി" വിദ്യയില്‍ പ്രസിദ്ധീകരിച്ചത്. (07-05-13)
www.palathully.com
Photo

Post has attachment
ലോകത്തിലെ ഏറ്റവും വലിയ മുട്ട , ഒട്ടക പക്ഷിയുടെ ആണെങ്കിലും ഏറ്റവും ചെറിയ മുട്ടയും ഒട്ടക പക്ഷിയുടെത് ആണ് !

Post has shared content
"E-cigarettes could substantially improve public health."

A study suggests that #smokers who use e-cigarettes to quit are more likely to succeed than those who use willpower alone or buy nicotine replacement therapies: http://bbc.in/1jlGtVf

If you've succeeded quitting, what would you recommend?  
Photo

Post has shared content
I was using Aweber from a long time and then GetResponse which is surely better than Aweber. But it's paid.

I found a better alternative which is not only free but better than paid services. Try INinbox for free and start building lists for free. Upto 2000 contacts and 20000 professional emails.

#INinboxReview  #INinbox

Post has shared content
St.Charles Church by Dany Eid

Karlskirche (St. Charles's Church) is a baroque church located on the south side of Karlsplatz in Vienna, Austria. Widely considered the most outstanding baroque church in Vienna, as well as one of the city's greatest buildings, Karlskirche is dedicated to Saint Charles Borromeo, one of the great reformers of the sixteenth century.
Located on the edge of the Innere Stadt, approximately 200 meters outside the Ringstraße, Karlskirche contains a dome in the form of an elongated ellipsoid. Since Karlsplatz was restored as an ensemble in the late 1980s, Karlskirche has garnered fame due to its dome and its two flanking columns of bas-reliefs, as well as its role as an architectural counterweight to the buildings of the Musikverein and of the Vienna University of Technology. The church is cared for by a religious order, the Knights of the Cross with the Red Star, and has long been the parish church as well as the seat of the Catholic student ministry of the Vienna University of Technology.

In 1713, one year after the last great plague epidemic, Charles VI, Holy Roman Emperor, pledged to build a church for his namesake patron saint, Charles Borromeo, who was revered as a healer for plague sufferers. An architectural competition was announced, in which Johann Bernhard Fischer von Erlach prevailed over, among others, Ferdinando Galli-Bibiena and Johann Lukas von Hildebrandt. Construction began in 1716 under the supervision of Anton Erhard Martinelli. After J.B. Fischer's death in 1723, his son, Joseph Emanuel Fischer von Erlach, completed the construction in 1737 using partially altered plans. The church originally possessed a direct line of sight to the Hofburg and was also, until 1918, the imperial patron parish church.
As a creator of historic architecture, the elder Fischer von Erlach united the most diverse of elements. The façade in the center, which leads to the porch, corresponds to a Greek temple portico. The neighboring two columns, crafted by Lorenzo Mattielli, found a model in Trajan's Column in Rome. Next to those, two tower pavilions extend out and show the influence of the Roman baroque (Bernini and Borromini). Above the entrance, a dome rises up above a high drum, which the younger J.E. Fischer shortened and partly altered.

The iconographical program of the church originated from the imperial official Carl Gustav Heraeus and connects St. Charles Borromeo with his imperial benefactor. The relief on the pediment above the entrance with the cardinal virtues and the figure of the patron on its apex point to the motivation of the donation. This sculpture group continues onto the attic story as well. The attic is also one of the elements which the younger Fischer introduced. The columns display scenes from the life of Charles Borromeo in a spiral relief and are intended to recall the two columns, Boaz and Jachim, that stood in front of the Temple at Jerusalem. They also recall the Pillars of Hercules and act as symbols of imperial power. The entrance is flanked by angels from the Old and New Testaments.
This program continues in the interior as well, above all in the dome fresco by Johann Michael Rottmayr of Salzburg and Gaetano Fanti, which displays an intercession of Charles Borromeo, supported by the Virgin Mary. Surrounding this scene are the cardinal virtues. The frescos in a number of side chapels are attributed to Daniel Gran.
The high altarpiece portraying the ascension of the saint was conceptualized by the elder Fischer and executed by Ferdinand Maxmilian Brokoff. The altar paintings in the side chapels are by various artists, including Daniel Gran, Sebastiano Ricci, Martino Altomonte and Jakob van Schuppen.
As strong effect emanates from the directing of light and architectural grouping, in particular the arch openings of the main axis. The color scheme is characterized by marble with sparring and conscious use of gold leaf. The large round glass window high above the main altar with the Hebrew Tetragrammaton/Yahweh symbolizes God's omnipotence and simultaneously, through its warm yellow tone, God's love.Below is a representation of Apotheosis of Saint Charles Borromeo.
Next to the structures at Schönbrunn Palace, which maintain this form but are more fragmented, the Karlskirche is Fischer's greatest work. It is also an expression of the Austrian joie de vivre stemming from the victorious end of the Turkish Wars.

Read More: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karlskirche

#church #churchphotography #karlskirche   #nightphotography #nightphotos #photography  
Photo

Post has shared content
St.Charles Church by Dany Eid

Karlskirche (St. Charles's Church) is a baroque church located on the south side of Karlsplatz in Vienna, Austria. Widely considered the most outstanding baroque church in Vienna, as well as one of the city's greatest buildings, Karlskirche is dedicated to Saint Charles Borromeo, one of the great reformers of the sixteenth century.
Located on the edge of the Innere Stadt, approximately 200 meters outside the Ringstraße, Karlskirche contains a dome in the form of an elongated ellipsoid. Since Karlsplatz was restored as an ensemble in the late 1980s, Karlskirche has garnered fame due to its dome and its two flanking columns of bas-reliefs, as well as its role as an architectural counterweight to the buildings of the Musikverein and of the Vienna University of Technology. The church is cared for by a religious order, the Knights of the Cross with the Red Star, and has long been the parish church as well as the seat of the Catholic student ministry of the Vienna University of Technology.

In 1713, one year after the last great plague epidemic, Charles VI, Holy Roman Emperor, pledged to build a church for his namesake patron saint, Charles Borromeo, who was revered as a healer for plague sufferers. An architectural competition was announced, in which Johann Bernhard Fischer von Erlach prevailed over, among others, Ferdinando Galli-Bibiena and Johann Lukas von Hildebrandt. Construction began in 1716 under the supervision of Anton Erhard Martinelli. After J.B. Fischer's death in 1723, his son, Joseph Emanuel Fischer von Erlach, completed the construction in 1737 using partially altered plans. The church originally possessed a direct line of sight to the Hofburg and was also, until 1918, the imperial patron parish church.
As a creator of historic architecture, the elder Fischer von Erlach united the most diverse of elements. The façade in the center, which leads to the porch, corresponds to a Greek temple portico. The neighboring two columns, crafted by Lorenzo Mattielli, found a model in Trajan's Column in Rome. Next to those, two tower pavilions extend out and show the influence of the Roman baroque (Bernini and Borromini). Above the entrance, a dome rises up above a high drum, which the younger J.E. Fischer shortened and partly altered.

The iconographical program of the church originated from the imperial official Carl Gustav Heraeus and connects St. Charles Borromeo with his imperial benefactor. The relief on the pediment above the entrance with the cardinal virtues and the figure of the patron on its apex point to the motivation of the donation. This sculpture group continues onto the attic story as well. The attic is also one of the elements which the younger Fischer introduced. The columns display scenes from the life of Charles Borromeo in a spiral relief and are intended to recall the two columns, Boaz and Jachim, that stood in front of the Temple at Jerusalem. They also recall the Pillars of Hercules and act as symbols of imperial power. The entrance is flanked by angels from the Old and New Testaments.
This program continues in the interior as well, above all in the dome fresco by Johann Michael Rottmayr of Salzburg and Gaetano Fanti, which displays an intercession of Charles Borromeo, supported by the Virgin Mary. Surrounding this scene are the cardinal virtues. The frescos in a number of side chapels are attributed to Daniel Gran.
The high altarpiece portraying the ascension of the saint was conceptualized by the elder Fischer and executed by Ferdinand Maxmilian Brokoff. The altar paintings in the side chapels are by various artists, including Daniel Gran, Sebastiano Ricci, Martino Altomonte and Jakob van Schuppen.
As strong effect emanates from the directing of light and architectural grouping, in particular the arch openings of the main axis. The color scheme is characterized by marble with sparring and conscious use of gold leaf. The large round glass window high above the main altar with the Hebrew Tetragrammaton/Yahweh symbolizes God's omnipotence and simultaneously, through its warm yellow tone, God's love.Below is a representation of Apotheosis of Saint Charles Borromeo.
Next to the structures at Schönbrunn Palace, which maintain this form but are more fragmented, the Karlskirche is Fischer's greatest work. It is also an expression of the Austrian joie de vivre stemming from the victorious end of the Turkish Wars.

Read More: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karlskirche

#church #churchphotography #karlskirche   #nightphotography #nightphotos #photography  
Photo

Post has shared content

Post has shared content

Post has shared content
This is Lyuba - the perfectly preserved baby #mammoth which died 42,000 years ago, named after the Siberian deer herder who discovered her: http://bbc.in/1h3008G 

People in London will have a chance to see her at the +Natural History Museum from 23 May until 7 September.
Photo
Wait while more posts are being loaded