Yep, they did it... facepalm
2 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 5 previous comments
- See, evolution theory and big bang just don't explain it all.
If you look at the facts you will see that, with all likelyhood, the evidence speaks for the theory that it all was sneezed out by the Great Green Arkleseizure.Apr 11, 2012
- Well, file to teach it in Tennessee!Apr 11, 2012
- There's a gap between "allowing" and "enforcing" that is yet to be made... All is not lost...Apr 12, 2012
- The fact that they can teach it is concerning... Instead of looking at evolution as a scientific theory (like the theory of gravity for instance), kids in school will see it as a "story", creationism beeing just an other version, ignoring 100+ years of validation of darwin's theory, by pretty much every biologist/scientist... Up to the teacher :/Apr 12, 2012
- United States of Arbitrary Teaching?Apr 12, 2012
- I helped fight an effort to have this kind of law back in the '90s and it was defeated then. I regard it as a very bad sign for the future of education, the future of our country, our future political climate... that this law could be passed now.
The thing about a faith is, not to be bashing faith because I'm not, is that the people who believe it HAVE NO EVIDENCE THAT IT IS TRUE; they just believe it. That means no one can convince them they aren't right, because there's nothing to refute. That means that if someone decides eating frog spawn for breakfast will save your soul and sets up a religion for that, writes a creation story about The Great Frog (I'm making this religion up right now in an effort not to offend the religious here), then THAT RELIGION AND THAT CREATION STORY ARE JUST AS VALID AS ANY OTHER, until the day there is some EVIDENCE that one story might be more valid, which so far there ISN'T.
Follow so far? This means that if the story of any religion can be taught in school, then the story of EVERY religion must be taught in school, BECAUSE THERE IS NO EVIDENCE FOR THE "REAL" STORY, if indeed there is a "real" story -- again, NO EVIDENCE.
Now, for evolution, there IS evidence: look at all the bones and scientific data we've got. Look at all the research that's been done. While some people remain unconvinced, at least evolutionists have SOME evidence in their favor; the other groups don't. Evidence also means that the evolutionists have at least a partial truth -- more than just a story.
DO YOU WANT CLASSES BEING TAUGHT IN YOUR SCHOOLS THAT ARE TAUGHT ONLY ON THE BASIS THAT SOMEONE BELIEVES THEY ARE TRUE? I do not.Apr 12, 2012