“You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.” ― Ray Bradbury , Zen in the Art of Writing This time of year, there will be heaps of posts talking about a new 'trick' to transform your life. The truth is there are very few that will make ...
“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” ― Ramana Maharshi
As someone who's lived the apparent dream, I now work with individuals and groups on awakening to true self through a process of quiet contemplation, self-inquiry and a direct examination of the inner terrain.
- University of PlymouthLaw, 1992 - 1995
- University of ExeterLPC, 1995 - 1996
- Boyce HattonCEO, 2014 - 2016Developing the firm's strategic approach and business transformation
- Julian SummerhayesConsultant, coach and speaker, 2010 - presentI’m 49 years old, married and have three amazing children. I was born in Devon, England and, despite a peripatetic life in my early years, I’ve lived in Devon since 1992 — it’s my spiritual home. At this point, I could list all I’ve done but that’s pointless. What’s important is what lies ahead. Oh sure, I’ve accumulated a bushel of skills and held a number of senior roles but, in hindsight, they masked the undivided me. If you’re interested to know more, you can read my blog, subscribe to my newsletter or listen to my podcasts on Soundcloud. Like most people, and at some stage, I’m asked what I do. I struggle to answer that question save to say that whether in an organizational or personal setting my message is clear: to become what you truly are. If you’d like to work with me, please feel free to check out my Services and let me know how I can help.
- Bond PearceAssociate, 2000 - 2008
- Clarke WillmottSolicitor, 1998 - 1999
- StonesSolicitor, 1999 - 1999
- TozersTrainee Solicitor, 1996 - 1998
- Foot AnsteyAssociate, 2008 - 2010
- WBW Solicitors LLPBusiness Development Manager, 2010 - 2011
7 ways to experiment at work: a round-up from Ian Sanders
Hello there. When was the last time you tried something new in your business or work life? Experimentation has been a constant theme in my c
A New Approach To Meditation | Awakening with Mary O'Malley
What is meditation? Answering this question can be a bit tricky as there are so many different views on what meditation is all about. For ye
Seeing Beauty In the Darkness | Awakening with Mary O'Malley
For thousands and thousands of years, human beings have been honoring the Solstice. We have built many monuments all over the earth to honor
The plight of the partridge: confined, distressed, maimed - then shot fo...
Forget pear trees. Today's partridges are unlikely to have seen much beyond the barren confines of their cages until they are released to be
Water is a human right! Detroit's lessons for our common future
Detroit is the site of a neoliberal experiment that's already being repeated elsewhere, writes Chris Grove, with unpayable debt used to forc
Will the Publishers of the Future Even Have Websites?
A discussion about whether hosting content on social networks is sustainable for publishers, and the tools that are already pushing us in th
India's killer heatwave - a deadly warning of the world we face, without...
As delegates prepare for the Bonn climate talks, India is being struck by extreme heat with a long-delayed monsoon season and a death toll o
Londoners given first chance to see major environmental event EARTHtalks
Organisers of Austrian event EARTHtalks plan to live-stream the event in London for the first time, opening up the climate conversation to a
Seth's Blog: I am 'anti-business', you might be too
A hundred and fifty years ago, when people finally began organizing to eliminate child labor in American factories, they were called anti-bu
Can Higher Purpose Help Your Team Survive and Thrive? | Mindful
A conversation with Twitter’s Niki Lustig about how the social media giant fosters a sense of purpose among their employees.
Jon Kabat-Zinn Video Series on Mindful.org | Mindful
When he started MBSR, Jon Kabat-Zinn didn't have a detailed plan—just a passion and an inkling that lots of good would come of it. Now, 35 y
Home birth v hospital birth – which is safer? The debate continues. | Cl...
Revised clinical guidance has been issued today from NICE on intrapartum care. I may seem cynical when I say that I am sceptical about the r