How to create nonprofit content that drives donationsGreat free webinar!
I just got off a great +Network for Good
webinar with +Taylor Corrado
regarding creating content to increase donations.
Her top 5 tips for creating great nonprofit content:
1) Tell personal stories through video.
2) Share stories on your blog.
3) Tie donor actions to numbers. "$45 for clean water for one person in Orissa, India" - charity: water
4) Turn advocates into donors with nurturing emails.
5) Revamp your annual report.
Sharing content on social media do's and don't's:
*Don't include just a link in Facebook posts - include a link and an image. If the thumbnail image doesn't look good, upload an image that does.
*Don't post the same content types over and over again. Focus on content that is "shareable, engaging and unique" - take a page from the St. Baldrick's Foundation's book.
*Do post a variety of content on all channels. People consume media in different ways through different channels.
*Engage with your audience - don't ignore mentions, tags, comments, etc.
*Don't try to manage too many different platforms and spread yourself too thin. You want content optimized for each platform.#contentmarketing #nonprofitmarketing #nonprofitsocialmedia