March is upon us and we’ve got a new hiking destination in mind. Are you ready?
Rain or shine we’ll be meeting at 8:50 a.m. Sunday morning in front of Cafe Zurich where we’ll hop on a train to Martorell.
Our second hike of the season brings us to a La Serra de Ataix. We’ll visit the 19th century fortified towers Torreta del Clos & Toretta Griminella, an abandoned lead mine and the ruins of the 12th century Castell del Peiret.
This is a moderate hike, but if you haven't hiked before you might find the climb a challenge, so be prepared. For more details you can check out the trail on Google Maps (Register here!http://www.amersoc.com/index.php/en/hike-la-serra-de-ataix
• 8:50-> Meet in front of Cafe Zurich at Plaza Catalunya
• 9:00–9:10-> Purchase train tickets
• 9:20–9:56-> Train from Plaza Catalunya to Martorell Central (R4)
• 9:56–11:20-> Hike first 4 km
• 11:20–11:30-> 10 minute break and snack
• 11:30–13:00-> Hike 4 km to the mines de plomb
• 13:00–13:45-> Lunch break!
• 13:45–13:30-> Hike 1 km to Castell de Peiret
• 13:30–13:45> Visit castle ruins
• 13:45–15:00-> Hike next 3.6 km back to Martorell
• 15:07–15:43-> Train from Martorell to Barcelona
This is a pay-as-you-go event so don't forget to bring cash. This event is free for members and the ASB is collecting only 3.00 euros per person for non-members to help defray the cost of scouting the trails and organizing the hike.
Train tickets purchased separately.
Registration is required to attend this event. To register please use the ticket information box to the right and fill out the information in the registration form. Once your registration has been completed successfully you will receive an email confirmation.
ASB Members 0.00 EUR
ASB Friends 3.00 EUR (pay at event)
Trail Technical Data:
• Trail Type: Circular
• Difficulty level: Moderate
• Condition required: Fit
• Distance: 12 km
• Estimated Duration: about 4 hours
• Highest Point: 270 meters
• Lowest Point: 70 meters
• Accumulated Elevation: 415 meters
• Trail on Google Maps https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=206997010480797970161.0004f1aea958344f172cf&msa=0