What's Up with Google+ Photos moving to Google Photos? What does it mean?
I've gotten SO MANY questions today that I decided to make a video! There's also a little tutorial in there on how I am now using Google Photos to upload photos, create albums, share to communities, etc etc. I just posted this over on the blog at http://www.StuckInCustoms.com
but thought I would post here too.
I'll kind of summarize here too:
- Effectively, nothing really changes because you can still upload photos and share them on Google+ publicly or in communities.
- The new Google Photos is just an improved interface which I like way better because I can upload once and share anywhere.
- People can still comment on photos that are posted to G+ or Communities... hashtags, tagging, and all that stuff still works...
- You can still access all your old photos and videos on Google+ from the photos tab of your profile page.
- None of your old comments and +1's will go away (where did people get that from?)
- And, as you can see in my video below, you can still edit your photos using the robust tools, all of which I think will get merged together at some point.
Any questions? (not sure I can answer the harder ones, or I can just make up an answer.)