Well....Google just announced at SMX that the 3-pack is going to start containing an ad soon. So instead of the 3-pack it's going to be 1-ad + 2 organic listings. Yes, the ones right on Google search (not the expanded pack). Be prepared to try to get clients in the top 2 instead of the top 3!
50 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 38 previous comments
- Joy HawkinsModerator yeah I realized that after. It's definitely differentJun 22, 2016
- Linda BuquetOwner+2Yes I thought that hotel example was not a good one. It's a different breed. Google has done lots of different hybrid types of ads for hotels.
showed a good mockup for web designers with the top spot being an ad. Also good discussion there: https://www.seroundtable.com/google-local-pack-to-get-adwords-ads-22275.htmlJun 22, 2016
- Linda BuquetOwnerOh and to help connect all the dots, here is the lively discussion over at the forum: http://www.localsearchforum.com/google-local-important/42546-google-just-announced-smx-3-pack-will-include-1-ad-only-2-listings-per-joy.htmlJun 22, 2016
- thank you for your updates, i am more on hotel and motel industry and now i will have more fun (pain :) ) to keep at top position for small hotels clients where big guns will swipe them off the map.Jun 22, 2016
- Wow! So should I start doing PPC for my local search clients that don't currently do PPC? What thinkest ye? I guess if Google doesn't show the 4 top ads, the only ad to shoot for is the #1 local pack ad. Will that be costly? Just wanna know how much PPC I should be doing for my local search clients.Jun 23, 2016
I would start if you haven't been. I guess G ran short of funds on their automated cars and needed to soak us for some more ad bucks.Jun 23, 2016