- INCEIF-- International Centre of Education in Islamic Finance--MalaysiaHead--Marketing & Communications, 2011 - present
Profits come from the value of brand experiences organizations provide to people.
In today’s globalized market environment the experiential value that a brand provides to its people—employees, customers and partners—is the competitive advantage that leads to the profit an organisation earns.
I am a
strategy and brand marketing executive with substantial experience in designing
brand experience, leading and implementing a broad range of corporate growth
and realignment initiatives, across industries in Asia.
- A proven leader adept at building teams to conceive and execute strategic activities involving cross-functional stakeholders including senior executives and board members.
- A strategist with significant experience spanning multiple industries and geographies and a proven track record of enabling brands’ to achieve financial and reputational targets.
- A builder of organizational capabilities essential for implementing strategic initiatives from collaborative partnerships, stakeholder management programs to digital eco-systems.
- A passionate marketer of brand experience-value, to people, through employee engagement and stakeholder management initiatives targeted to multiple stakeholders.
With over two decades of hands-on experience, managing cross-industry businesses across Asia, I bring the unique ability of assembling disparate facts into a cohesive story through strategic planning, cultural & behavioural brand marketing. Thus providing strategic leadership which enables an organization to deliver a clearly perceived brand engagement value to people.
This is People-Value Experience that creates profits.
My 'People-Value Experience' methodology includes assisting the development of junior managers and executives whilst supporting senior managers in achieving clarity of vision and an understanding of strategic alignment between their functional roles and the business goals- to deliver tangible results.
My specialisms include:
1. Delivering clear value propositions
2. Identifying the emotional connect between people and the brand
3. Using metrics & technology to deliver and measure initiatives
4. Ensuring bottom-line target achievement
In my current role, as Head of Marketing & Communication
at INCEIF, I am responsible for the marketing function and brand reputation,
while providing strategic & value oriented linkages across functions up and
down the organisational service chain.
For my recommendations and achievements please click here .
Since 2009 I have focused on the Islamic economy--Halal & Islamic Finance-- in Islamic branding and business strategy. I have an innate understanding and an intuitive awareness of the global business complexities of Islamic finance, while appreciating the immense business potential of these two sectors. My work to date has confirmed my place as a trusted advisor and thought-leader in this space.
For viewing my publications please click here.
- Woodstock School
Are You A CEO? This Is How You Should Communicate Online
In the wake of the uproar over the Michael Brown shooting in Ferguson, the CEO of Kaiser Permanente wrote a beautiful article on his persona
5 Ways To Appear More Like An Expert - Rather Than A Narcissist - In The...
Experts use social media to share knowledge. Narcissists use social media to mask their insecurities.
How To Leave Work At 5 P.M. And Still Get Everything Done
The hours stretch on, the to-do list grows,you have to work late again, otherwise you’ll never get it all done—right? Wrong.
The Science Of Why You Should Spend Your Money On Experiences, Not Thing...
You don't have infinite money. Spend it on stuff that research tells you makes you happy.
The Value Of A Great Presentation...And Cost Of A Bad One
“The perfect presentation,” she continues, “has certain attributes, and will be engaging, entertaining, memorable, inspiring and actionable—
Seven Perspectives On Asia & 21st Century Globalization
In the 19th century European powers came to dominate the planet. Europe was the center of the universe. The European century ended in 1914.
Warren Buffett's Two Tips on Building Successful Businesses - Pass Them ...
CEO Warren Buffett’s recipe for business and life success is revealed in Berkshire Hathaway’s 2014 annual report released last weekend. It’s