In the meantime, have you read Do Good Well: Your Guide to Leadership, Action, and Social Innovation (http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-1118382943,miniSiteCd-JBHIGHERED.html)? Written by and for young leaders, it does include information on activism promoted through social media.
Also you may be interested in Rey Junco's new book, coming out in August, Engaging Students through Social Media: Evidence Based Practices for Use in Student Affairs (http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-1118647459.html).
- California Lutheran UniversityGraduate Teaching Assistant, 5 - present
- California Lutheran UniversityInstitutional Review Board Doctoral Assistant, 2013 - 2014
- California Lutheran UniversityDoctoral Assistant, 2012 - 2013
- Loyola Marymount UniversityCampus Recreation Associate Director, 2006 - 2013
- California State University, Los AngelesResident Director, 2005 - 2006
- Northern Arizona UniversityGraduate Assistant, 2003 - 2005
My name is Josie Ahlquist, lifetime learner, educator, injured runner, achieving doer, Wyoming native and standing tall at 4’10.
I am a doctoral student at California Lutheran University, studying Higher Education Leadership. My primary professional experience is working within Higher Education, developing college students in a field called Student Affairs. Many call us party planners, or in my husband’s industry of entertainment, I am called a Producer. In many ways I am, producing memories for students that will enhance their campus experiences. I am drawn to challenging the norm of higher education, to seek innovations that will keep up with evolving technologies and needs of our students, as well as, understanding and preparing for the next wave of college students.
I have been blogging for two years, last spring completing a challenge writing 50 posts in 50 days. Today, I blog about higher education and social media; showcasing my research from course projects, research and best practices in the field. I have ten years in Higher Education in areas such as student activities, campus recreation, student unions, marketing, residence life, judicial affairs, student leadership and new student orientation.
Uniquely, I am also part of the YouTube industry, as my husband Lloyd Ahlquist is a major content contributor online, as the executive producer, writer and talent for the #10 top YouTube channel called Epic Rap Battles of History. Known as EpicLLOYD, we are celebrating four years of marriage and have been together since March 2003. Read about our story here. Our family is composed of two rescue animals, a 10 year-old Russian blue cat named Isabelle and Parker a 8 month-old Border Collie/Lab/Boxer mix. It is quite an animal house!
Throughout my life, I have been told I am a ‘doer,’ an ability to produce a large extent of high quality work. In other words, I get it done. Production has to be accomplished strategically, as it is too easy to ‘over-do-it’ and be left with nothing. However, not do enough and your legacy will be forgotten.
You can also find me here:
- Subscribe to my blog at www.josieahlquist.com
- Follow me on Twitter @josieahlquist
- Find me on intagram @josieahlquist
- Check out my AboutMe http://about.me/josieahlquist
- Look at LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/in/josieahlquist/
“Life isn’t about finding yourself, life is about creating yourself.” -George Bendard Shaw
- California Lutheran UniversityEd.D Higher Education Leadership, 2012 - present
- South Dakota State UniversityB.S. Sociology, 1999 - 2003
- Northern Arizona UniversityM.Ed Higher Education, 2003 - 2005
- South Dakota State UniversityB.S. Human Development, 1999 - 2003
- Newcastle High School