User Focused Concept Designer, 2010 - 2014
Designed products and services to generate business results and customer value. Customer insights created through user observation, interviews, and surveys. Created standard platforms for establishing governance and expectations of usability and experience.
* Delivered insights on business opportunities and product features to ten project teams.
* Led insight development for five regional and two international teams.
* Co-developed platform for interface design across mobile apps, controls, and machinery.
* Created regional personas and story lines of customers and stakeholders.
* Remote member of team based in Denmark
Development Engineer, 2005 - 2010
Product design and development start-up for North American market. CAD (Catia V5), Finite Element Analysis, Failure Mode Effects Analysis, field testing, patent and intellectual property documentation, marketing documentation, data entry.
* Received Product of the Year awards from Flow Control and Pumps & Systems magazines.
* Awarded three patents related to multistage pump assemblies.
* Coordinated international production and assembly for dozens of components.
Applications Engineer, 2002 - 2005
Voice of the Company. Inside Technical Sales and Support for US customers and partners.
* Streamlined documentation delivery and call process leading to 50% more calls than peers.
* Tested internal prototype systems and tools to provide feedback and develop training.
University of Kansas
Project Management Assistant, 2001 - 2002
* Edited project proposals and entered information into a database.
* Created, set up, and did troubleshooting for new accounts.
Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
Honors Summer Intern, 1999 - 1999
* Edited technical papers submitted from around the world for inclusion in an international newsletter.
* Developed website for hosting publications.