Il en va de même pour le prêt numérique, qui depuis son arrivée connaît une croissance exponentielle! http://bit.ly/1BgZm65
Pour plus de détails et de statistiques sur l'étude de l'Observatoire de la culture et des communications du Québec : http://bit.ly/1Lmwprm
- Concordia UniversityWCM System Migration Project Team Member, 2013 - presentI'm collaborating with Concordia University’s academic and administrative units to ensure that the university’s digital presence reflects its identity and strategic priorities. I develop, enhance, manage, and help others develop content suiting public and private Web sites, mobile and social media, and newsletters. I work within the university's communications services department.
- Adomoc InternationalFounder, 2010 - presentI'm making a global space for people to get information, discuss, purchase, and otherwise aggregate around the strategy board game, Adomoc.
- Technology Evaluation CentersDirector of Knowledge Services, 2002 - 2013I led and directed the content development and publishing strategies for advisory firm, Technology Evaluation Centers (TEC). As such, I was responsible for directing the bulk of the research analyst work, which centred around in-depth evaluation of enterprise software systems for end user clients. I developed many of the company's research and decision support models, reports, and services. I oversaw custom research projects (for both end users and software vendors), took the lead on its information management (ECM/WCM/collaboration) research and practices, as well as established its writing, editing, translation, and data management teams. I managed teams of up to 30 people.
- Technology Evaluation CentersContent Manager & Open Source Analyst, 2002 - 2008
- IntrawareContent Manager, 1999I started a software analyst, moved into copyediting and content management, and took on marketing writing and PR roles.
- John F. Kennedy UniversityLab/Network Technician, 1997
- BASSWAN System Administrator & ACD Admin, 1993
My livelihood focuses on information management disciplines. I've analyzed large quantities of information for enterprise decision support services, synthesized competitive intelligence, and researched the systems to manage and present it all.
I'm especially interested in intellectual liberty, digital media, culture, information and content strategy, emerging technology currents, long-term thinking and archival problems, environmental symbiosis, and the issues intersecting these things.
I conceived and launched the Adomoc board game (abstract strategy), have written some novels (unpublished) and poems, and collaborated on musical scribble and a son. I enjoy exploring the deep crevices of grammar and sound. Everything else is improvised.
- McGill UniversityLibrary and Information Studies (MLIS), present
- University of California BerkeleyPhilosophy (BA), 1999
- UC Berkeley ExtensionEditing Courses, 2000
- AT&TCertification in AT&T Definity PBX Administration, 1995
What’s Happening to Canada? Open letter to P.M. | The Nader Page
February 18, 2015. The Right Honourable Stephen Harper, P.C., M.P. 80 Wellington Street Ottawa, ON K1A 0A2. Dear Prime Minister: Many Americ
German Government Refuses FOI Request By Pointing Out Document Already L...
Freedom of information requests are a powerful way of finding out things that governments would rather not reveal. As a result, requests are
The Three Breakthroughs That Have Finally Unleashed AI on the World | WIRED
The AI on the horizon looks more like Amazon Web Services—cheap, reliable, industrial-grade digital smartness running behind everything, and
Strange Trip: Artist takes LSD in 1955, while doctor interviews him on film
The study of the psychological effects of LSD was fairly widespread in the United States and the UK during the 50’s and 60’s producing thous
Type 1 diabetes breakthrough using stem cell research raises hope for cure
Experts at Harvard University use stem cells to create insulin-producing beta cells in large quantities, and say human transplantation trial
Question Period faces calls for a re-design after nasty exchange in the ...
When the leader of the Opposition, Tom Mulcair stood in Question Period to ask about Canada's mission in Iraq ,
CBC News - Millennials at New Canada Conference vow to change 'broken' n...
Young delegates at the New Canada Conference faced a daunting task – envision how Canada should change to address the challenges facing the
Elder Statesmen Declare a War on the 'War on Drugs'
What took them so long?
These Giant Copper Orbs Show Just How Much Metal Comes From a Mine | Des...
An artist seeks to make the social issues of mines visceral, by simply calculating just how much metal comes from a mine.
Thérèse Casgrain vendetta accusation 'ridiculous,' says PMO
A spokesman for Prime Minister Stephen Harper dismisses accusations from the opposition parties and others that the government is erasing th
Beverley McLachlin, chief justice, deserves apology from PM, internation...
A major international legal organization says Prime Minister Stephen Harper owes Canada’s chief justice an apology, following an unprecedent
“Magic in the Moonlight” and “A Most Wanted Man” Reviews
Woody Allen’s "Magic in the Moonlight" expresses a longing for, and a skepticism toward, the supernatural. Philip Seymour Hoffman’s last maj
Montreal wants police force to do more contract work
City Hall is asking Montreal’s police department to look into ways it might generate additional revenue for the city by expanding its servic