Joseph Dickerson is a writer and User Experience professional focused on improving the usability of on-line and mobile applications. Dickerson has over a decade of experience in software design and user research and has made it his mission to make technology easier for people to use.
Before his current position as a UX Lead at Microsoft, Joseph:
• Helped establish and lead UX design as a founding member of the Innovations team at Fortune 500 financial services company Fiserv.
• Led the redesign of Westpac's on-line and mobile banking system (which won a Good Design Australia award)
• Worked at Cingular Wireless/AT&T’s human centered design group, where he implemented processes in user testing and design.
• Consulted with the CDC to ensure people with disabilities had equal access to their sites and systems.
• Managed a team that defined content guidelines and an optimized content production process for a Fortune 100 telecommunications company.
• Built out user experience design processes and standards for multiple organizations, and lead several multidisciplinary teams
Joseph has authored seven books, including two books on user experience design, "Experience Matters: Essays, Tactics and Lessons in User Experience Design" and "UX101: A Primer on User Experience Design."
Dickerson has a keen sense of humor and insight into the newest web technology and trends, and what they mean for you and society in general. He can also provide expert reviews of sites for a nominal fee (preferably a Guinness or a Gin and Tonic).
Dickerson is also a trained journalist and has a degree in Information Technology. He writes about user experience design and pop culture at josephdickerson.com.
- Pinson Valley High School1983 - 1987
- MicrosoftUX Lead, present