Best BBQ place in town...
Electricity is 4 times cheaper than gasoline and cleaner for the environment as a fuel even if we don't use 100% renewable energy (many nations are moving towards 100% anyway). i-Miev can be charged in just 30 minutes using a quick charger or 7 hours using a 240V charger.
The article mentions 10K in rebates, but that's true in California and other states, not in all states. The Federal rebate is 7.5K, the state rebate is 2.5K in California. In Colorado, one can buy a Nissan Leaf for only $15,300, a Smart EV (smartusa.com) for $11,500 since the state rebate is 6K. 40% of American electric cars are sold in California. The U.S. was the world's leader in electric car sales in 2012, with a 46% share of global sales.
In September-October the top selling car in Norway has been an electric model, in September the Tesla Model S, in October the Nissan Leaf ► goo.gl/GqjLMY. Kia EV will have 120 miles range ► goo.gl/Tqz3U8. For a few months, South Korea has already used roads to charge electric cars ► goo.gl/12IgSG. US electric car sales increased 360% in 2013 compared to 2012 ► goo.gl/uLc5yV.
With an income per capita lower than China or Russia and 7 times lower than United States - Bhutan plans as of November 2013 to shift all cars of its capital to electric Nissan Leafs and other models ► goo.gl/Iql06c. Countries richer than Bhutan could aim to switch most big cities to electric cars. China decided in November that 40% of new cars in Beijing will be hybrids or electric by 2017 ► goo.gl/U7cjEe. In Europe they are testing a bus that can charge in 15 seconds ► goo.gl/9OT75.
reasons for buying your next car electric:
1. help humanity since you no longer generate carcinogenic exhaust, otherwise known as smog, which kills millions of people each year ► goo.gl/jDj0hI and leads to lower IQ ► goo.gl/alNQIk and autism ► goo.gl/66nqwr.
2. save lives since you reduce heart attacks caused by traffic noise ► goo.gl/Fuhvn. Electric cars are much quieter, so you will be safer and protect your ears. Enjoy listening to music without damaging your ears.
3. save humanity from oil wars that destroy the environment and kill countless civilians. Iraq war trillions could have powered all US with solar/wind ► goo.gl/ZqN47.
4. you no longer have to change oil or spark plugs; no more smog check either; electric cars have 60% less parts, so you will go for repairs much less.
5. bring the end of gas stations that poison the water wells with MTBE or other compounds leading to billions of dollars wasted in cleaning up the well water (example: $0.4 billion settlement ► goo.gl/eKasZD)
6. save money as you spend 4 times less money on fuel, since electricity is 4 times cheaper than gasoline as a fuel. If you have enough solar panels, you get free CLEAN fuel for life, since you charge at home and utilities pay you for energy you put on the grid. Likewise, Tesla Motors offers free solar ☼ charging for life ► Tesla Motors Supercharger Event?
7. 100% electricity from renewable sources is a reality in many areas of the planet and the more we demand electric cars, the faster we shift towards clean energy and away from fossil fuels. The sun can power the whole world with clean energy ► https://plus.google.com/110265788529286523789/posts/R7ddJPExiz5
8. electric car batteries and solar panels are far greener than alternatives. Battery recycling for today's oil car lead batteries is happening at a 97% rate globally. It will be even better for the far safer lithium car batteries. Lithium Ion batteries are classified by the federal government as non-hazardous waste. Lithium ion batteries are made from nontoxic lithium carbonate (used in ovenware), nontoxic cobalt oxide (in pottery glaze), nontoxic graphite (in pencils), and a polymer (plastic) membrane. The most toxic components are the electrolyte and lithium cobalt oxide, neither of which are persistent in the environment and both of which are increasingly being replaced by safer compounds. Wang Chuan-Fu, CEO of BYD, demonstrated the safety of the electrolyte in their lithium ion batteries by drinking it. Zero Motorcycles founder Neal Saiki said that the Lithium Ion batteries they use are safe to eat.
Climate Change Denial is a Billion Dollar Industry ► http://guardianlv.com/2013/12/climate-change-denial-a-billion-dollar-industry-of-fabrication-says-study/. Solar is way better than coal, oil or natural gas which spew 100-1000 times more carcinogens in the environment per unit of energy produced, besides far more CO2. How long does a solar panel system have to operate to recover the energy used for making the panel? Energy payback for rooftop panels is 1-4 years depending on type. Assuming a life of 30 years for a panel, that means that most energy produced will be free from pollution of any sort ► http://www.nrel.gov/docs/fy04osti/35489.pdf.
- Dover Eyota High School
- Los Proceres Maracay VE
Will digital restaurant menus get you to spend more?
(Reuters) - Businessman Mitch Goldstone planned to shell out about $40 at the Red Square restaurant in Las Vegas before heading to a show, b
What Successful People Do With The First Hour Of Their Work Day
Remember when you used to have a period at the beginning of every day to think about your schedule, catch up with friends, maybe knock out a