Why everyone is wrong about minimalism - Telegraph
Founded in Baltimore in 2014, Symphony Number One is the East Coast’s newest chamber orchestra. Led by Music Director , will offer a unique and innovative model for presenting new music by bringing together great composers of the past, virtuoso performers of the present, and the leading compositional voices of the future.
With your help, Symphony Number One will challenge tired programming models. The programs will juxtapose new compositions with repertoire from the classical canon. These programs will also serve a larger mission: provide similar grassroots ensembles with exciting programs to re-invigorate the American classical landscape.
In a time where arts organizations struggle to find their way, Symphony Number One invites you to participate in an alternative business model. In our model, the musicians are central to both the music-making and the organization. This is not only a more artistically pure way to design thrilling performances, it’s a more economical structure as well.
New York Times -
What should happen next to City Opera, which presented its last production, “Anna Nicole,” in September 2013 and filed for bankruptcy the next month, is a vexing question that has divided local opera lovers, opera singers, musicians and even unions ...
- Symphony Number OneMusic Director, 2014 - presentFounder, Music Director. Symphony Number One is the east coast's newest chamber orchestra, dedicated to the performance of substantial works by emerging composers.
- Baltimore Symphony OrchestraCover Conductor, 2013 - presentCover for conductor of the Baltimore Symphony. Essentially, serve as assistant conductor for individual concert cycles on an ad hoc basis. Assist the conductor as they wish. Prepare to conduct rehearsals and/or concerts in the unfortunate case of an emergency on the part of the scheduled conductor. Covered 1 cycle in spring 2013 and 1 cycle in spring 2014.
- Peabody InstituteAsst. Conductor, 2013 - presentGr. Asst. Conductor for major productions including Poulenc, Dialogues of the Carmelites and Britten, A Midsummer Night's Dream
- Peabody Opera TheaterAssistant Conductor, 2013 - presentAsst. Conductor for major productions including Poulenc, Dialogues of the Carmelites and Britten, A Midsummer Night's Dream. Assistant Conductor for all major opera productions. Conduct staging rehearsals, chorus rehearsals, orchestra rehearsals, etc. as needed. Chorus Master.
- Dallas Festival of Modern MusicArtistic Director, 2009 - 2013Music Programming, Concert Planning, Organizational Leadership. Founder.
- Mid-Atlantic Symphony OrchestraCover Conductor, 2013 - 2013Serve as Cover Conductor for individual concert cycles.
The Peabody Conservatory, Unger Lounge Box 516, Baltimore, MD, 21202
- Peabody InstituteDMA Orchestral Conducting, 2012 - present
- Johns Hopkins UniversityDMA Orchestral Conducting, 2012 - present
- Texas Tech UniversityMM Orchestral Conducting, 2006 - 2008
- Texas A&M University–CommerceBM Performance - Percussion, 2001 - 2005
- Tumblr (current)
- Blogger (current)
- Jordan Randall Smith, Conductor (current)
- Academia.edu (current)
- Answers.com (current)
- Blogger (current)
- Canadian Broadcast Company (current)
- Expertfile (current)
- Flavors.me (current)
- Google+ (current)
- Dallas Festival of Modern Music (current)
- Johns Hopkins University (current)
- Medium (current)
- OurStage (current)
- Polyphonic.org (current)
- Reddit (current)
- Slideshare (current)
- StackExchange (current)
- Tumblr (current)
- Vimeo (current)
- WordPress (current)
- YouTube (current)
- Jordan Randall Smith (current)
9 D.C. and Maryland Local Music Blogs That Will Cover Your Band
Promoting your band is tough. These D.C./Maryland local music blogs are a great place to start doing your DIY PR for your band.
Allentown Arts Ovation Awards celebrate city's renaissance of art
Allentown Arts Commission's 26 t h annual Art Ovations Awards were handed out Thursday in a ceremony that seemed to celebrate a renaissance