Blended Learning programs can benefit students and teachers when the appropriate blended learning model has been selected based on the individual need(s) of the student. Once the best model http://www.christenseninstitute.org/blended-learning-definitions-and-models/ has been being selected, for a student, school, or district; it is essential that resources, infrastructure, and policies are in place to support it.
A few items to consider…
• Training: Have teachers received adequate PD to implement?
• Staff & Tech: Is additional staffing or technology required?
• Funding: How much will it cost? Can it be sustained?
• Does software or hardware require upgrades in Wi-Fi?
Equity and Access
• How do we provide access and resources to those students and schools who have limited resources, poor infrastructures, and/or other conditions that contribute to the digital divide?
Want to learn about me? Check out my Smore's Newsletter. Super excited to be participating in this amazing opportunity and learning experience with such awesome educators.
Joquetta Lynn Johnson is an award winning library media specialist, Google Certified Teacher, national presenter, and educational technology leader. With more than 20 years of experience in the field of librarianship, instructional technologies and post secondary education, Joquetta is a highly sought-after knowledge broker and professional development leader.
Known for her passion-driven and energetic presentation style, Joquetta inspires educators to “think and teach outside of the box” by infusing 21st Century skills and tools into their teaching and learning environments. Her willingness to share her expertise with others and her knowledge of digital resources and educational technologies has earned her the title of “The Digital Diva.” She is an avid user and advocate for the use of social media, mobile technologies, and web 2.0 tools for teaching, learning, and developing personal learning networks.
With her enthusiastic spirit and innovative thinking, Joquetta strives to model and promote 21st century librarianship, leadership, and instruction that empowers ALL learners and contributes to the global learning community.
- High School Library Media Specialist, present