This Machine appears me to show some kind of self awareness: It is aware of its own changed conditions and corrects them.
35 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 43 previous comments
- All animals have had a long opportunity to evolve better brains. If it is such a big asset, why haven't they? Well because it is not optimal in their actual environment. They just developed a brain big enough to outsmart their food and enemies. The humans is no exception to this, they just started to hunt each other, and see what we became :-(Nov 25, 2013
- Again with the micro-evolutionary vantage. Evolution is n not at all a species centric process. Species is an artificially bounded and false category. Look instead to the difference between the intelligence capacity of the entire solar system or galaxy or universe since the Big Bang. Or, for another perspective think of all the functional domains in an individual animal's body… what small percent are brain or nervous system? Yet that small percent is what makes that animal potent to the evolutionary scheme into the future. What problem does evolution solve for?Nov 25, 2013
- It solves for the optimum adaption to a "terrain" of opportunities while changing the "terrain" in the process. Therefore you are right in not to focus on a specie. It is the total which evolves to a optimum, but not necessarily THE optimum. It might well have ended rather static with sharks and dinosaurs as an optimum, if not an external catastrophe like a big asteroid had happened. I don't think there is a law that forces evolution to go beyond a local optimum.Nov 25, 2013
- And EVERYthing you are saying is true, EXCEPT when two schemes compete for the deepest future, in which case the scheme that is a better predictor of the deepest future will be more likely to out-survive and thus out-influence the shape of evolution in the future.Nov 25, 2013
- Why is prediction the most correlative to success in the long and the wide of evolution? That is the question that is at the heart of what evolution is and what it does and why. Expand your vantage to the whole of the universe and the full scope of time. What does any universe with any physics do over time? That is the fitness (the computation) that evolution tracks.Nov 25, 2013
- The future does not exist and evolution have no purpose or aim. It is only a computation based on present.Nov 25, 2013
Add a comment...