As an intern, you'll work with our global team to learn how to create and continually improve the content that helps more than a billion people connect and share.
We're looking for students in all content-centric majors (think English, journalism, information design, new media, communications, etc.) with a graduation date no sooner than December, 2016.
If you have experience writing, editing and/or planning online content, learn more and apply now!
And did I mention that it's FREE?
Because I should mention that. 🎟
- University of WashingtonM.S., Information Management, 2011 - 2013
- Rensselaer Polytechnic InstituteCertificate, Human-Computer Interactions (HCI), 1997 - 1998
- Michigan Technological UniversityB.S., Scientifiic and Technical Communication (STC), 1993 - 1997
Hi! I’m Jonathon Colman. I’m not ignoring you, I’m just introverted. Despite this, I’m a Webby Award-winning UX content strategist at Facebook, the social network. Yeah, I’m surprised by that, too.
Previously, I was the principle experience architect at REI and managed global digital marketing for The Nature Conservancy. I also served overseas in the Peace Corps (Burkina Faso, West Africa: 1999-2000) and worked in conservation nonprofits for almost a decade.
I’ve spoken at over 70 tech events on five continents and earned a master’s degree in Information Management from the University of Washington in 2013. I also studied Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and technical communication at Michigan Technological University.
All of that makes me a nerd, but don’t worry—I’m one of the good ones.
- Facebook, Inc.Product UX + Content Strategy, 2013 - presentLead content strategy for platform and search products with billions of interactions/day. Develop and scale a team of 3 focused on content strategy for 20+ products. Build products involving location, privacy, and integrations with third-party apps. Plan, structure, design, and write content for product user experiences.
- REIPrinciple User Experience Architect, 2012 - 2013Created enterprise content standards and governance workflows. Structured and modeled content metadata for findability and reusability. Developed business cases for cross-channel content experiences and apps.
- REISEO, Content, & Inbound Marketing, 2008 - 2012Grew organic search by 160% to nearly 50M visits and $100M in sales/year. Organized an agile dev team of 12 people focused on search, navigation, and SEO. Managed $200k budget, contracted with external agencies and consultants.
- The Nature ConservancyAssociate Director, Digital Marketing, 2004 - 2008Led global web marketing, advertising, and production teams to build awareness. Directed SEO, paid search, and partnerships yielding millions of dollars in donations. Developed strategy for implementing core technologies, including CMS and analytics.
- Barbara Thomas Fellowship ProgramInternet Marketing Fellow (Australia), 2008 - 2008
- New Target Internet Design & DevelopmentUser Interface Architect, 2004 - 2004
- Conservation InternationalWeb Communications and Content Manager, 2003 - 2004
- Great Lakes CommissionWeb and Publications Designer, 2001 - 2003
- Peace CorpsPeace Corps Volunteer - Community Health Development, 1999 - 2000
- IBMLead Information Developer, Groupware, 1997 - 1999
Enhanced Existing Content Marketing Increases Your ROI - Heidi Cohen
Are you maximizing Enhanced Existing Content Marketing ROI? Enhanced Existing Content Marketing is defined and explained in a 5 step process
Adult Learning: Knowing When To Stand Up and When To Sit Down. A Guide f...
If things are truly going to get better for everyone, we are going to need more sacrifices.
The Coffee Collective Blog: Updated Aeropress brewing method
The Aeropress is taking its victory rounds online and in real life in the coffee shop. When we first launched the Aeropress in the coffee sh
Income inequality is not the problem, it's a symptom
Paul Graham today published two essays in which he challenges the idea that economic inequality is a problem. Since the 1970s, economic ineq
Lower Gold Creek Basin Snowshoe — Washington Trails Association
Hiking through a wide, level valley in the shadow of looming Kendall Peak to the north and Rampart Ridge to the east would be an ideal outin
Starbutts, or: How is it still a thing that people are shooting coffee u...
Many are the “alternative” medicine therapies that I’ve examined with a skeptical eye over the years. The vast majority of them rest on conc
Escort a Dog From Maui or Kauai Back to The NW and Save a Dog’s Life
Are you vacationing to Kauai or Maui? The Kauai and Maui Humane societies are seeking vacationing Northwest residents to escort a dog or two
WSDOT - Snoqualmie Historical Closures and Snowfall Records
Why does Snoqualmie Pass close? In the summer, Snoqualmie Pass experiences closures and delays from construction, rock blasting, maintenance