Rich Lenski gave a talk today at UC Davis - part of a two talk series. This was a presentation more for the public and tomorrow he gives one more for the science crowd. Today's talk was a really nice overview of Lenski's work on long term evolution experi...
- University Of California, DavisProfessor, 2006 - present
- DOE Joint Genome InstituteAdjunct Scientist, 2006 - 2011
- The Institute For Genomic Research,Investigator, 1998 - 2006
- The Johns Hopkins UniversityAdjunct Professor, 2000 - 2010
- The Public Defender Service of the District of ColumbiaIntern, 1987 - 1987
- The Rocky Mountain Biological LabField Assistant, 1988 - 1988
- Free Science, One Paper at a Time by David Dobbs
- Jonathan Eisen Frees (Almost All) His Father’s Papers by David Dobbs
- Cataloguing the Vast World of Microbes by Carl Zimmer
- Plenty More Bugs in the Sea in The Economist
- Harvard CollegeAB, Biological Sciences, 1986 - 1990
- Stanford UniversityPhD, Biology, 1991 - 1998
- Walt Whitman High School, Bethesda, MD1983 - 1986
‘Antibiotic addict’ India losing fight against lethal bacteria - The Tim...
India is the world’s antibiotic popping capital, recording the highest number of such pills consumed annually — 13 billion pills as against
Innovative Genomic Initiative Post Doc Fellowship at #UCDavis and some o...
Got this in email: The IGI is pleased to announce its first Postdoctoral Fellowship Award. This Award will provide 2 years of financial supp
Results for microbes collected by citizen scientists and grown on the In...
Do microbes grow differently on the International Space Station than they do on Earth? Results from the growth of microbes collected by citi
9 things PBS Newshour famously gets horrible wrong in story on fast food...
Well, this is one of the worst microbiome news stories in a long time: Fast food kills gut bacteria that can keep you slim, book claims. So
Darwin: the Movie | Guest Blog, Scientific American Blog Network
It's true, Mr. and Ms. Hollywood Producer, Nash, Hawking, Turing were great and all, and their stories brought big bucks and a few Oscars ro
China must restructure its academic incentives to curb research fraud
The idealised view of science as the curiosity-driven pursuit of knowledge to understand and improve the world around us has been tarnished.
Four simple tools to promote gender balance at conferences - guest post ...
Guest post from Julie Pfeiffer. Julie Pfeiffer Associate Professor of Microbiology University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center https://t
Calling attention to meetings with skewed speaker gender ratios, even wh...
A few weeks ago I gave a talk at the Future of Genomic Medicine 2015 (aka #FOGM15) meeting. The talk seemed to go over well. I talked right
Strangest microbial headline of month: Bacteria on Russian ‘sex satellit...
There is really not much to say other than to point everyone to this article: Bacteria on Russian ‘sex satellite’ survive reentry | Science