Today I got this email, ostensibly from Keith Yamamoto, who I have interacted with a bit over the years, including in the writing of the NAS "New Biology" report . So I decided to check out the meeting site . Precision Medicine World Conference. Hosted by ...
- Free Science, One Paper at a Time by David Dobbs
- Jonathan Eisen Frees (Almost All) His Father’s Papers by David Dobbs
- Cataloguing the Vast World of Microbes by Carl Zimmer
- Plenty More Bugs in the Sea in The Economist
- Harvard CollegeAB, Biological Sciences, 1986 - 1990
- Stanford UniversityPhD, Biology, 1991 - 1998
- Walt Whitman High School, Bethesda, MD1983 - 1986
- University Of California, DavisProfessor, 2006 - present
- DOE Joint Genome InstituteAdjunct Scientist, 2006 - 2011
- The Institute For Genomic Research,Investigator, 1998 - 2006
- The Johns Hopkins UniversityAdjunct Professor, 2000 - 2010
- The Public Defender Service of the District of ColumbiaIntern, 1987 - 1987
- The Rocky Mountain Biological LabField Assistant, 1988 - 1988
Root hair-endophyte stacking (RHESt) in an ancient Afro-Indian crop crea...
The ancient African crop, finger millet, has broad resistance to pathogens including the toxigenic fungus Fusarium graminearum. Here we repo
Overselling the Microbiome Award for @nytimes on thumb sucking, nail bit...
I am continually torn about handing out "overselling the microbiome" awards to many "stories" that are coming out recently on new scientific
Total RNA Sequencing reveals microbial communities in human blood and di...
An increasing body of evidence suggests an important role of the human microbiome in health and disease. We propose a 'lost and found' pipel
Reference-free comparison of microbial communities via de Bruijn graphs
Microbial communities inhabiting the human body exhibit significant variability across different individuals and tissues, and are suggested
How to get some extra eyes on your publication – email everyone cited in it
Interesting way of getting people to look at a paper. I am sure other places do this but I have not seen it too often (though this was in SP
Faculty Positions at #UCDavis in Disease Biology (1 in Entomology, 1 in ...
UC DAVIS FACULTY POSITION ANNOUNCEMENTS UC Davis is recruiting two faculty, one each in Entomology and Plant Pathology, to work on organisms
At #UCDavis 3/9: “Authorship and the Promises of Digital Dissemination,”
A cross-disciplinary panel discussion on authorship in the digital age, with a focus on the specific goals and needs of academic authors.Aut
1/15 at #UCDavis: Tandy Warnow: New methods for species tree estimation ...
Special Seminar: Tandy Warnow The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign New methods for species tree estimation in the presence of gene
Removing my name from the author list of #closedaccess "Unified Microbio...
[View the story "Removing my name from the author list of #closedaccess "Unified Microbiome Initiative" paper in Science" on Storify]
Genome Engineering #GESB16 in Gent - for Men Only #YAMMM
So I just got an invite to this meeting: Looks interesting. Not that I work in the field. But I decided to check it out. So I went to the we
‘Antibiotic addict’ India losing fight against lethal bacteria - The Tim...
India is the world’s antibiotic popping capital, recording the highest number of such pills consumed annually — 13 billion pills as against
Innovative Genomic Initiative Post Doc Fellowship at #UCDavis and some o...
Got this in email: The IGI is pleased to announce its first Postdoctoral Fellowship Award. This Award will provide 2 years of financial supp