You'll soon be able to upload your selfies to LinkedIn, Terra Staffing release 'A Day in the Life of a Recruiter' documentary that makes for whimsical viewing, and Pinterest have a present for
But never fear, Social Talent are here! And we have a handy guide for how you can set up the LinkedIn pages touted to replace the LinkedIn Products & Services tab: Company Showcase Pages.
What were they looking at and how have today's web surfing habits changed?
Step into our time machine, and let's find out!:
You are a lazy recruiter.
Here's 3 simple ways to mend your ways:
- Social TalentCEO, 2010 - presentWe want to change the way that organisations identify talent globally by translating technology and educating front line recruiters through a premium, personalised and practical online learning experience. Our online recruitment training portal (MySocialTalent.com) is an expansive "bible" of everything you need to make the most out of online tools to identify, attract and engage with top talent globally. Top Recruiters at Oracle, Paypal, Twitter, Accenture, Adecco, Hays and Manpower leverage Social Talent's online recruitment training to ensure that they hire top talent and outperform their peers. My job is to think of new ways that technology and Web 3.0 tools can help the recruitment profession and teach others through blogging, webinars, consulting and training. I also try to make sure that the team at Social Talent have fun, break things and go home at the end of each day feeling like we have made a difference to our industry, however small.
- Select PeopleDirector, 2008 - 2010Select People Ltd is a specialist headhunting firm accepting international assignments in the Europe, the US, Latin America, the Caribbean, Canada, the Middle East and Asia. We work on a select number of assignments at any one time, leveraging our network of contacts and introducers across the globe, particularly in the off-shore financial, insurance and legal sectors.
- Baraud InternationalDeputy Managing Director, 2006 - 2008I ran the largest recruitment, staffing, and immigration business in Grand Cayman, in the British West Indies. The company provided permanent and temporary staff to all of the island's employers, and also outsourced immigration consultancy services. In addition, we had a large IT Training business.
- AccreateSenior Recruiter, 2003 - 2006Led the Industry (non Financial Services) Accountancy recruitment team which consisted of four other recruiters and myself.
- Fujitsu SiemensCorporate Account Manager, 2002 - 2003
- HRM Recruitment GroupManager, Accounting Recruitment, 1998 - 2002Built the Accountancy & Finance division to a team of 8 recruiters at its peak, being the largest division in the company at that time.
2.05 NCI Research & Innovation Centre, Mayor Street, IFSC, Dublin 1, Ireland
We want to change the way that organisations identify talent globally by translating technology and educating front line recruiters through a premium, personalised and practical online learning experience.
Our promise is to deliver the world's best and most practical recruitment training in a consistent, high quality format, personalised by: who you are, where you are based and what you recruit for.
Our expertise is in identifying and delivering the benefits of a Web 3.0 world to the recruitment industry. Our customers are recruitment agencies, corporate recruiters, headhunters, the HR and marketing departments of hiring organisations and providers of technology solutions to the recruitment industry.
We train recruiters in how to source passive candidates and we advise organisations on how to leverage social media, SaaS technology and video to source, attract and engage talent globally.
We help companies and recruiters to source talent through social media and the web.
We enable recruiters and hiring organisations to tap into the “passive” candidate market, which represents over 80% of the total labour pool, by providing them with the tools to source directly from the internet, by building talent communities on social media and helping corporates to develop and market their “employer brand” online in the places where their target audience spend the most time, namely social media.
Specialties: Online Recruitment Training, Social recruiting, boolean search, facebook marketing, social media marketing, talent acquisition, talent community management, internet sourcing, CIPD Certified Internet Recruitment trainer. Black Belt in Internet Recruitment Trainer
- UCDBachelor of Commerce Degree, 1995 - 1998
- Social TalentBlack Belt in Internet Recruitment, 2011
Latest LinkedIn Changes to Advanced Search & Layout | Social Talent
LinkedIn has been testing new, important changes to its layout and search interface. Here`s all you need to know about how the changes will
Handshakes To High Fives: A UK Ex-Pat’s Journey To The US
The following post is a guest blog post from a friend and former colleague - Sue Dickinson. In the post below, she shares her journey as a U
Are LinkedIn Updates a waste of time? | Social Talent
Nearly every recruiter on LinkedIn posts jobs and updates to their network but does it work? Here`s 4 ways to make sure it works for you.
The New Socialnomics video from Erik Qualman | Social Talent
If video killed the radio star then the iPod has put half of the film, tv and music industry out of business! Here's the latest excellent vi
SocialNomics: Brilliant Parody of "that" social media video | Social Talent
60% of social media stats are made up. Fact. Seriously, I swear. I did a survey! Check out this excellent parody of Erik Qualman's SocialNom
LinkedIn Premium: Why Free is not good enough & Recruiter is too muc...
The real trick to using LinkedIn is NOT getting access to hidden parts of the system for free, it is knowing 1) how to search effectively, 2
No Good Candidates: Why recruiters have themselves to blame | Social Talent
In an age of ubiquitous access to information, Johnny Campbell argues that ignorance is NO longer an excuse. You only have yourself to blame
How to Build a Google Custom Search Engine (CSE) for Recruiters | Social...
Wouldn't it be great if you didn't have to use boolean so much? Wouldn't it be nice if LinkedIn understood what you meant when you typed in
Why you should hire Studs for BD roles and Cuddlers as Account Managers
No, I'm not seriously expecting you to go out and ask that question of the next person you interview for a sales or recruitment role, but he
truDublin Tickets, Speakers & Schedule | Social Talent
truDublin is only one week away and is shaping up to be the largest recruiting un-conference ever held in Ireland with an amazing line-up of
The Truth about JobRapido, Indeed, Dice and CareerJet: The Job Scraping ...
In late April, UK recruitment powerhouse Evenbase announced the acquisition of JobRapido for the princely sum of €30m. JobRapido is the late
5 Creative Alternatives to LinkedIn to Showcase your CV & Skills | S...
Cutting through the noise of your massive competition for exciting job opportunities is a difficult task. Graduates and jobseekers are being
Boolean 101 for Job Boards: How to search Monster, Jobsite and Irishjobs...
How do you build Boolean Search Strings to search CV/ Resume Databases like Monster, Jobsite and Irishjobs to find amazing candidates. Video
How to: use the New and Improved BeKnown Jobs Tab | Social Talent
Last November, BeKnown launched the ability for companies to host a jobs tab on their Facebook fan page, integrating current jobs they have
Latest Research: When are the peak month's for Recruitment Activity? | S...
January is by far the most popular time of year for job seekers to search for jobs (15% above the monthly average) The volume of job searche
Why it's no longer OK not to know! (Seth Godin Blog) | Social Talent
Now that information is ubiquitous, the obligation changes. It's no longer okay to not know. If you don't know what a word means, look it up
10-Point Checklist for Recruiting on Facebook | Social Talent
On our Webinar yesterday, we brought you through our 10-point checklist for recruiting on Facebook. You can watch this webinar now below (pl
LinkedIn Top Tips: How to find more Candidates | Social Talent
Today I had two emails from recruiters asking for some help in writing boolean strings for some urgent roles they were working. The solution