Have you ever stared at something, knowing you’re doing everything right, but it still won’t … freaking … work?
That’s how Copyblogger has felt about its Facebook page for quite some time.
As of today, the page has 38,000 “fans,” but Copyblogger’s presence on Facebook has not been beneficial for the brand or its audience.
In tomorrow's post will break down our reason for cutting the cord with the social site we love to hate.
Stay tuned. Update: Post is now live:
In the meantime, get Copyblogger delivered directly to your inbox so you don't miss a post:
- University Studies Abroad ConsortiumOnline Marketing Coordinator, 2012 - 2014Each day provides something challenging and different, this is why I chose to become an online marketer / communications professional (and for building up my e-cred). A day in the life:One day you'll find me crafting witty-posts and replies on social media to keep followers (aka real people) engaged to conducting keyword research to aid our on-going online advertising campaigns.The next, you could find me drafting compelling copy to drive web user traffic to our online communication channels, to meet company SEO and online objectives. Or, I might be in a meeting pitching how-to create, implement, and manage a content marketing campaign for our website and blog. No matter what day it is there are two things you'll always find with me: (1) a coffee in hand and (2) running shoes on my feet since life in this digital / participation era is go-go-go!"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing about."--Benjamin FranklinONLINE MARKETING / COMMUNICATIONS+ Social media & social media marketing + Blogging / copywriter + SEO/SEM + Content marketing + Online advertising + Digital communications + Campaign strategist
- Living StonesCommunications Intern, 2012 - 2012My days at Living Stones consisted of building and cultivating an online community by venturing heavily into social media. By developing strategies around new media and putting that strategy to work, it was feasible to extend the LS brand online through digital communications such as, social channels, blogs, and the website to reach varying targeted audiences of interest. During my internship, I lead the PR for LS sponsored events. After assembling a non-profit advertising team we were able to conceptualize and bring to life local events, happenings in the Midtown area of Reno, NV (e.g. http://www.midtownartsproject.com/). Occasionally, I was selected to assist in the creative process of branding a new series, topical or seasonal through creative design, content creation, promotions, and ultimately support the end product as a whole through creative efforts.TL;DRSocial Media savvyPR practicedCommunications specialistDabble in Creative
- StarbucksAssistant Manager, 2007 - 2011Managed and lead a small and mighty, close-knit team to caffeinated victory, one cup, one customer, one smile at a time! It wasn't always easy, but someone has to be up at an ungodly hour to have the coffee brewing and help those who come in to start the day off proper! Now that I look back on this time, this experience truly nurtured and fed my dependency on caffeine ;)
- FreelanceContent Strategist, 2014 - presentSolid brand development, kick-ass digital assessment and strategy, conquering the interwebs one client at a time.
Upon finding my personal blog / website, you'll find that I'm all about the entrepreneurial spirit of startups, creative / collaborative workspaces, and design thinking processes. Since growing my passion in these areas, I've jumped head first into exploring this dawn of human-centric design by meeting and working with some of the best design (thinkers) in the industry -- from Google to university faculty and IDEO to local startups.
I hope to INFORM and INSPIRE you to INNOVATE a fresh way of thinking in a digital age.
- University of Nevada, RenoMarketing, 2010
5 Social Technology Game Changers That Touch Every Aspect of Busines
When people think of how social technology relates to business, they mainly see it as a way for marketers to make more noise. While marketin
Gragas Guide :: League of Legends Gragas Strategy Build Guide on MOBAFire
Player rated Gragas guide created by LoL Fans. Players guide you in all aspects of playing Gragas from beginning to end game