- The New York Times CompanyVideo Journalist, 2011 - presentChina video correspondant.
- jonahkessel.comMultimedia Producer, 2001 - 2013
- China DailyCreative Director, China Daily, 2009 - 2011
- Journalism Development GroupPhotography Consultant, 2009 - 2009
- Tahoe Daily TribuneVisual Director, 2006 - 2009
- Burlington Free PressFreelance Photographer, 2005 - 2006
In 2012, he was the field video journalist on the New York Times' team who won a Pulitzer Prize for explanatory journalism. The award was given for the Times' iEconomy series which won for "its penetrating look into business practices by Apple and other technology companies that illustrates the darker side of a changing global economy for workers and consumers."
Beyond editorial and documentary video, Kessel produces commercial video for multinationals, as well as short form documentaries for nonprofits and governmental organizations in the online video market.
His editorial work has appeared in publications around the world including The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, TIME, The Los Angeles Times, CNN, The Economist, Vogue and the Atlantic Monthly, amongst others.
Kessel's corporate and commercial clients have included Coca-Cola, KPMG, British Petroleum, Durex, Veet, L'Oreal, Air France and Shangri-La Hotels. International organizations and governments have also commissioned work from Kessel including the Middle East Partnership Initiative (MEPI), The World Economic Forum, the People's Republic of China and the Italian National Government.
He is available for editorial, nonprofit/NGO, commercial and governmental assignments for multimedia production world wide.
- Saint Michael's CollegeJournalism and Mass Communications, 2001 - 2005
- Massey UniversityJournalism, 2003 - 2003
- James Cook UniversityJournalism, 2002 - 2002
- Tulane UniversityLiberal Arts, 1999 - 2001
- Champlain Valley Union High SchoolLiberal Arts, 1995 - 1999